cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reciever Determinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario (XML File to EDI) wherein SAP PI system picks XML file and send EDI Document to customer, Now our requirement is if SHIP_TO_NAME, SHIP_TO_STREET,SHIP_TO_CITY,….. fields doesn’t exists then PI system shouldn’t called the mapping for generating the EDI file, instead the file should be send to a local folder.

Is there any workaround for above scenario, I mean can we achieve the same in receiver determination by setting some condition, coz if check in receiver determination apart from EQUALS and NOT EQUALS we don’t have any option for checking the above requirement

Regards

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

i am just assuming , you can make condition as SHIP_TO_NAME = (blank) and same for other fields also...

but you can be accomplished by using extended receiver determination.

here are the points, you can do for extended receiver determination

1.create an another mapping and make sure source structure should be same as with original mapping structure.

2.in that new mapping you can make conditions as you need and return Business system to target.

3.create another operational mapping and use above mapping here.

4.finally in receiver determination, you can switch to extended receiver determination option and then use that new operational mapping.

hope this will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs. I'd like to know why we need have one more mapping, as if the condition is satisfied then we need to move the file into local folder.

As you mention in the "2.in that new mapping you can make conditions as you need and return Business system to target." How it is possible to return business system in target mapping?

Could you please share the steps for doing the above that would be very helpful for me

Regards

Faisal

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

please follw the steps which are explained in below links:

Step by Step guide to Explain Enhanced Receiver Determination - Application Server Infrastructure - ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ce53aea0d7154ee10000000a421937/content.htm

Note:make sure you please use same structure in source side which is actual one and target side we must use the standered structure in mapping which explained in above link.

also use that same thing in receiver determination/ICO

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eduardo_Rubia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, Faisal,

I believe in this case you could work with XPATH functions to check the existence of the searched tags in the XML input file.

You'll find good reference on this at:

XPath, XQuery, and XSLT Function Reference

and

Then you could design 2 distinct interfaces for each destination case (EDI x File) and use the XPATH function in the interface determination to choose where to send the payload to.

Hope this helps,

Eduardo