cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 Script Problems

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to make the following script work.

if field abc = Z002

paste value B into field def

if field abc = Z003

past value S into field def

if we put this script button on the tab that field abc was originally on - it works 100% of the time.

if we drag the field abc onto another tab or into the main component and leave the script button on the original tab- it doesn't work

if we drag the script button onto another tab or into the main component and leave field abc on the original tab - it doesn't work

we are trying to consolidate our tabs into one - and whenever we do this - the script works but only if you click the button 2, 3 or more times.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be a silly question, but have you enabled tab caching for all of the tabs you are trying to merge?

I have built a scenario just as you describe on the tabs of SU01, and everything works as I'd expect, with fields and buttons moved to other tabs or the main window. But you must have tab caching enabled for this to work.

Steve.

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Shane,

Like Steve said, it seems that tab caching is the issue here.

I feel it doesn't 'work' because the field abc isn't getting any value.

Simply cache the tab containing the field abc and then try the different scenarios.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

yes Tab caching is enabled - but SAP actually recommended that I put a step to click on a specific tab before trying to copy the cell value.  Just referencing the component on an unclicked tab isn't sufficient

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Now that I think about it, that does make sense. Tab caching just affects the screen rendering in the browser but doesn't affect the backend, so you need the necessary fields to be visible to copy them.

Steve.