cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do I restore SYSTEMDB backup from HANA A (MDC) to HANA B (MDC)?

I've done full data backup of SYSTEMDB from HANA A and when I go to HANA B in HANA studio I can't restore it using the full data backup from HANA A.

Understand that I only be able to restore to most recent backup, so what should I backup from HANA A,  in order for me to restore / copy to HANA B?

Thank you,

Regards,

Ura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ura,

Is there a particular reason you would like to restore SYSTEMDB backup?

Is the SID at source and destination HANA Systems the same?

The only scenario you should be required to recover the SYSTEMDB is from Production Appliance SID: ABC to a HA/DR Appliance with the same SID:ABC and it should work provided you have the identical Multitenant systems underneath

SYSTEMDB backup contains the underlying Multitenant Database's properties in it so it would not help if a SYSTEMDB with a set of tenant Database's is being restored to another Appliance with non identical set of tenant Database's

Hope this helps

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I wanted to perform restoration test, while keeping in mind that both HANA SID is different.

by restoring SYSTEMDB from backup, we would recover all the relevant tenant information that stored during backup and we then we can proceed to restore it using the tenant backup?

Thank you,

Ura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ura,

Understood your need this may not be a common practice to restore the SYSTEMDB to a different SID

What is the error you see when such a restore is done?

Sunil