cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDB out Put is not Redetermined ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, EH&S Report Shipping is executed by posting a delivery for an environmentally relevant material. For which we have maintained a Delivery Type, Sales Organization, Customer, Shipping date and Material Report program RSNAST00 periodically reads the records from NAST table and transports them into table CVDDH. SDS output is generated at time of delivery creation  and using the planned PGI date (field -WADAT). This works great till we do not change the Planned GI date in delivery, some time over business need is to modify the planned GI date to expedite the shipping and  when user changes the PGI date (Change to Delivery), the output for SDS is still showing the initial date (not redetermined). When user performs PGI, the print is triggered through CVD1, but this is using the old date not updated with actual Planned GI date that mean MSDS does not come right after PGI, it is still using old date and print on that date only. Any help is appreciated. Gopi Dadheech

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

The behavior you described correctly here is the standard behavior, besides this:

When user performs PGI, the print is triggered through CVD1, but this is using the old date not updated with actual Planned GI date that mean MSDS does not come right after PGI, it is still using old date and print on that date only.

This must be a customer specific enhancement in my opinion.

Only report versions of the SDB version is re-determined (if set up in the customizing this way) during report shipment - but not the dates.

I think you need a custom solution for this (Or change the custom program mentioned above):

A report that runs - at least daily - and checks if a GI date has been changed on a delivery for environmentally relevant material.

If that is this case you would need to find the corresponding Report shipment entry and modify it.

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark, Thank You very much. I am wondering this can't be customer specific as Changing Planned PGI date is a normal practice because it depends on the transportation and/or customer requirements. My customer requirement is  MSDS should print right after PGI along with other shipping paper such BOL, therefore running the report every day may not work, I am thinking 2 different options  if this has to be custom than - Option 1 - Do not create entry in CVDDH till PGI happens in another word RSNAST00 should not process SDB out from Delivery (modification to RSNAST00). Option 2 - if delivery date or Planned PGI date is changed than use user exit to redetermine the out put.  but i am still interested to know how other customer approaches to these type of issues. Thank You, Gopi Dadheech

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

I would expect that most SAP customers try to make "SDS/MSDS distribution" as simple as possible fomr technical point of view. IN most cases we can differentiate this:

1.) PGI is moved "nearer" to current date

2.) PGI stays as is

3.) PGI is moved into future

Now by some customizing set up you can define the "lead" time of SDS distribution.

Let us imagine a practical example: material should be at customer on 01.12.2015. Depending on SAP set up etc. in most cases by starting in "delivery part" the set up is done like that, that MSDS/SDS is sent e.g. may be 1 month before planned PGI etc,

So in context of 1.) depending on current data and planned PGI: as long as the PGI is not "nearer" that the 4 weeks the SDS/;MSDS wil be at customer before material will arive

For 2.) no issue: for 3.) In this caase if planned PGUI is moved 4 weeks in future. NO issue: SDS/MSDS is still there.

Regarding the last example. Only if on that "time" a new minor or major version is generated customer won't get this version but version before. IN most cases "no dramatic" issue.

But options as listed by you are potential"starting point" to think about adjustments in process

C.B.