cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC Input form-Maintaining time dimension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an input form in which I want the time dimension to update so I see the previous 4 months  and as the year progresses dynamically adds one month to forecast and subtracts oldest "actual". I tried using EPM forumulas but it seems like the report editor would overide my formulas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read

You will have fixed number of columns. Generate required TIME member ID's using Excel formulas.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for the Input... I am sorry but I wasn't clear and specify I need the report to have a dynamic rolling Forecast. Any suggestions?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, you are still not clear! What do you mean by "I need the report to have a dynamic rolling Forecast".

I have one question - do you have a fixed number of columns?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

I do apologize,I have fixed number of columns but rows can vary depending on the data. By rolling forecast I mean what I specified earlier in one month gets add and one month gets removed to maintain 1 year time frame.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK,

It means that you will have static column axis (in terms of number of columns). Row axis can be dynamic!

In some cell (D4) you select current month using EPMSelectMember(..)

Then you will use this cell to generate Time ID's for the columns using Excel formulas with EPMMemberOffset:

=EPMMemberOffset(,D4,-4)

=EPMMemberOffset(,D4,-3)

=EPMMemberOffset(,D4,-2)

=EPMMemberOffset(,D4,-1)

=EPMMemberOffset(,D4,0)

=EPMMemberOffset(,D4,1)

Then read

Vadim