cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Planning calendor supports non Holiday working days for planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where in I need to block procurement proposals to be created during ex period of 18 Dec 2015 - 10 Jan 2016.

My Factory calendor is assigned with holiday calendor which states 24,25, 26 and 31st Dec, 01.01.2016 and 03.01.2016 as holiday's.

In my planning calendar I marked 18 Dec 2015 to 10th Jan 2016 as firmed period (this period client do not want to create Procurement Proposals), but after MRP running, system is creating Planned orders for 18.12.2015 and for 22.12.2015.

Therefore I guess, we cant restrict from Planning calendar to generate procurement propsals for period of 18 Dec 2015 - 10 Jan 2016.

Please provide your inputs.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Planning calendar period updated accordingly to factory calendar changes.

As per your factory calendar working day's and non working day's, planning calendar period update.

There are some calculation rule's for planning calendar, and according to this rule system consider the period date for planning calendar in case of non working day's in factory calendar.

You can also enter the manually period in planning calendar.

If you firmed the Planning calendar period, means you can not overwrite the planning calendar period and it will consider the date in every condition.

For detail understanding of calculation rule, please check my below document

For your issue, You can delete the period entry from planning calendar and save the planning calendar.

I am never try this option, but you check this way, It will work for you.

Please check and update me.

Thanks & Regards

Umesh Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply with an informative document on Planning calendar. However If I delete the period in Planning calendar, it will not help, SAP still creates planned order for period  for ex 18.12.15, 19.12.2015, 20.12.2015..

also as you mentioned for deleting the period, I did test and result as below

From date                To date

18.12.2015               23.12.2015

After delete

From date                To date

17.12.2015               23.12.2015

My requirement is system should not create planned orders for period 18 Dec 2015 - 10 Jan 2016 (includes holidays on 24,25,26,31,01.01.2016)

As remaining periods are working days from factory calendar point of view, still we dont want to create Planned orders for the above said period.

I guess below option would be an alternative

Creating a new planning calendar for Dec 2015 and Jan 2015 with suitable calculation rule which supports to create planned orders before 18.12.2015 for Dec and after 10.12.2015 for Jan.

only the point is for these 2 months, we need to change the planning calendar at material level and after the 10th Jan restore the previous planning calendar.

Please provide your input.

Regards,

Anil

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Yes,, Once you delete the period system will take the next period and any condition system always consider in between dates in your next period.
After deletion suppose system select the next period Ex.  17.12.2015               23.12.2015, like wise you have to delete all the period in between 12/18/2015 to 01/10/2016. so system will take next one period automatically. You have not received requirement in  mention period.

You can also prefer second option for your planning calendar, in that case you have to manually changes for all material.
But again in second option, system will consider all the working day's requirement in between period and post as per your period date. 

You maintain the planning period manually for your planning calendar and save the planning calendar, after enter the data it set as firmed indicator so no one can over write the period.

Please check all the option, and select according to your requirement

I hope this information helpful to you.

Thanks & Regards

Umesh Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umesh,

We have defined planning calendar, however as per Std SAP and logically Plannning calendar is not used to prevent creation of procurement proposals unless we define Holiday in Holiday calendar.

Thanks for your suggestion,  I am proceeding to close my question.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil 

Answers (0)