Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security work in upgrading from BI 7.1 to 7.4

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the task to do security upgrade from BI version 7.1 to 7.4.

few points from my side

apart from doing SU25 , wanted to understand is there any significant feature /change in Analysis authorization side between BI 7.1 to 7.4 ?

If no , why SAP has provided the migration option in RSECADMIN with following options.

- Activate Analytic security objects automatically (  Generate A version)

- Delete Old analysis authorizations.

Pl help me to understand what these options implies.

Thanks,Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

I want to know what will be the impact, if we do not run Migration step in RSECADMIN for 7.0 -> 7.3 for a BI upgrade from 7.0 to 7.4 where analysis authorization is in place.

Regards,

Shikha

shiwanisingh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If you have gathered some info on it, could you please share the steps we need to follow from Security side on such upgrade?

I am working on a project where we are upgrading from BI 7.01 to 7.4.

Thanks

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Frederic !

I see in the given link ' Analysis authorizations have changed slightly in SAP NetWeaver 7.3. An authorization is now a TLOGO object (analytics security object) and can be transported to other systems'

I think ,In BI 7.0 version also Analysis authorization was transportable and not sure what TLOGO type. So why are we doing this BI 7.0->7.3 migration in RSECADMIN? what would be the impact on Analysis authorization if we dont run this step in BI 7.0 to 7.4 upgrade?

Thanks,Krishna

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why should be the impact of not running it ? I have no idea.

Why don't you want to run it ? It's just a one time operation (on each system) that you can do once for all your analysis authorization (mass migration). The migration tool just fill the OBJVERS field in the authorization tables. It generates two versions : A and M (for active and modified).

Regards,

Frederic

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes , Agree the point what the migration step will do. trying to look out the reason why SAP changed from Analysis authorization to Analytic security object(TOLGO) as i dont see any difference as far as authorizations(BI 7.0 and 7.3) are concerned and both are transportable .

I understand two versions would be generated in RSECVAL , A-Active is the indication for  analytic security object is active and  what M-modified implies?

Thanks,Krishna

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know why the program generates the M version (both versions should be identical).

I assume the M version is needed for the next modification of the Analysis Authorization.

Regards,

Frederic

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

move to BW

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From 7.1 to 7.4, if you already work with Analysis authorization (meaning you don't use the old 3x authorization concept), you just have a slight migration of your analysis authorizations (mass migration) to do.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/4c/ebbe897c470343e10000000a15822b/content.htm?frameset=...

Regards,

Frederic