Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open DS -Template via open document language dependent

jilberto71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello professionals,

my question:

Is it possible to open a design Studio template via open document in a specific language

Background:

In our BW we send different mails to different users, In this mail we have an open document link which opens an design Studio template from BO-Server. Everything works fine. The Problem is, that the DS-Template is opened in thatanguage escpecially the BW-Content inside) which is maintained as Default language in SU01.

Is there any URL-param as for  BW - Web- Templates to overhand the language and to force DS opened in spec. language?

Thanks for any helpful Input!

Best

Gilbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gilbert,

the language depends on what the user configured in the profile for his / her credentials in the BOBJ server.

Each user has a "perferred viewing local" which will be used as logon language towards BW.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

jilberto71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

can you tell me where i can find it? In CMC? We are on following Level...Is this setting available in here?

Best

Gilbert

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gilbert,

its in the BI Launchpad in the profile for each user.

regards

Ingo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jilberto71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo and Franck,

thanks for your help. Now i got it

Best

Gilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how Cred Manager works, but this is the language that is used by OpenDocument by default (laucnhpad preferences):

As mentionned previously, you can change it by adding &LANGUAGE=x&COUNTRY=y at the end of the OpenDocument URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is you BIP version ? Note that a bug (note corrected) force you to save the language on the connection ... therefore, the language of the user is not used.

With BIP and OpenDocuments, you can specify the language by adding to the url: &LANGUAGE=fr&COUNTRY=CA if you want Canadian French etc ...

Those language are listed in the preference pane of the user in Localization.

And, very important, by default, the BO language + country in the preference will be used by open document if you do not say otherwise with the URL parameters. SU01 language settings are not used at all.

The standard components will be automatically translated to the target language where the custom text in the application will have to be translated manually with the Translation Management Tool (4.1 SP6 minimum).

The text pool entries can be translated as well, you just have to assign them with a script to your component (BT1.setText(TEXT_POOL.bt_ok).

It is always a compound of both country and language to determine:

• Target language
  • Date / currency formatting

As reported to SAP, you cannot change the target format for a specific combination, meaning enUS date format will be m/d/yyyy and enZA (South Africa) will be yyyy/mm/dd.

I hope it helps

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

try using the Text Pool component (DS1.5)

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD15/en/ds_15SP01_user_en.pdf

page 52

good luck!

jilberto71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for Input but that is unfortunately not what i meant. I want to open the BW-queries inside the DS-Template with a predefined language so that all texts of the query-elements (variable texts for example) will be opened in that language.

Any other ideas?

Best

Gilbert

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

doesnt that happen automatically? Please check the OLAP connection in the CMC. Maybe you saved a specific language there?

regards,

Dwain

jilberto71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dwain,

no, it is via SSO and one have no language setting option there....

Best

Gilbert

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gilbert,

I am also connected through SSO, but I do have a language option:

jilberto71
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Dwain,

but where in CMC can i do those Settings? (I am not a BO-Admin).

Is there no URL-Param for open document - Syntax?

Best

Gilbert

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gilbert,

I dont know about the URL parameter,

but if you logon to the CMC you can view the setting in the OLAP connection that you use to get your data.

marco_jehle
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have the same problem over here.

The only "solution" we came up to was to define a OLAP connection with a specific language (see screenshot a few posts ahead, there is a flag to save the language for a connection).

You can then use the specific OLAP connection if you need a specific language.

I don't know if SSO will still work and actually we don't like this solution...

... but right now we don't have anything else... 😞