cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with x-ua Headers after implementing Note 2047102

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

During a Problem with MSS-Popups we implemented Note 2047102 and patched EP-Runtime from SP9 to SP9 PL1.

After this patch i get the following error in our SAP-Application like MSS / ESS / LSO

"The standards mode is not supported for documents less than 8"

We use a custom framwork from BTEXX, and it worked until SP9 PL1.

I read the notes for this error and tried to fix it for example with the sap-ie - Parameter in the Iview-Applicationparameters but nothing helped.

I added the BrowserDocumentMode Iview to our framework and tried some settings like Edge, Emulate IE8, IE5.... but this didn't work too.

I traced the iview-preview without the custom framework and i saw, that there are some different header

In our Testsystem SP9 PL1 i get this header

<html><head><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=5,

IE=EmulateIE7"/>

In our Productive System without PL1 i dont have this Header (Testet

with UWL-Iview and ESS-Overview Iview)

Has anyone an idea?

I opended a prio high ticket at the support.

Best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If your custom framework page is a standards framework page then you need to set your Browser document mode iView to IE=Edge.

If it's quirks then set it IE=5, IE=EmulateIE7.

Applications are different, applications has sap-ie parameter.

if the application needs to run in standards set sap-ie=Edge

else, set it to sap-ie=EmulateIE8

It's important to understand that standards mode is not fully supported in IE8 (because microsoft is not fully supporting HTML5 and CSS3 in IE8) so it might have issues, that's why it's recommended to use latest browsers.

If you are not opening the applications using doNavigate/Portal API's but you are using window.open then you also need to find note:

2097861 - AI iView's are not render correctly when using Internet Explorer 10 and above

BR,

Saar