cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of the CP in e-Recruiting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in the design phase for an e-Rec implementation project.

Our landscape is defined through having two different environments one for SAP HCM and one for e-Recruiting.

Our approach is to use the RFC connection and ALE technology for this implementation. We do not expect using XI for integrating both environments.

I am using one available Sandbox for some testing before finalizing the design phase.

On our customer, a CP may be linked to more than 10 Ps (having always one of them as "Active".

One of the open questions I have on my pending list is the following: "Can we use the Central Person (CP object) as a search criteria for the Candidates?"

I used our available Sandbox and I tried to make searches based on the CP object but they were not successful.

As far as I understood from note 997181, the External Applicants while registering into e-Recruiting environment they get a BP1, CP1 and NA1 objects linked.

Once the Applicants gets accepted into the company the information is submitted into SAP HCM and through the PA48 it gets uploaded into SAP HCM.

I would say we are on the I2A situation from note 997181.

After doing so, the P object is created. It gets linked to a new BP2, a new CP2 and the old NA1 in SAP HCM.

In e-Recruiting environment, the same happens and the BP1, CP1 old links get replaced by the BP2 and CP2.

NA ID remains the same for both BPs and CPs.

Is my understanding correct?

At the time of generating the CP1, let me say, using it makes non-sense as the Applicant is not yet an employee, so from my understanding, it is a SAP technical need to create the CP1 at that instance.

But at the time of generating the CP2, it makes sense to use this CP2 asigned to the employee as a search criteria.

Am I missing any configuration step in order to make possible using the CP as search criteria for candidates?

How does SAP handle the different PERNR linked to a single CP? (I mean on the current settings on our sandbox the PERNR ID is displayed but not the CP ID, which one of the 10 different PERNR IDs would be displayed there? Can all the different PERNR IDs be used for searches as they are all linked to the same NA?)

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

Kindest regards,

PS: I tried to highlight my questions in bold in order to make easier the reply, again thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

E-Recruiting has stable relationships which are: CP to NA, US and BP.

If you use CE you can have several CPs, Ps and Ss linked to a CP and hence, the candidate.

E-Recruiting takes those employee ID which is marked as active in IT0000 (STAT2=3) - if you have several active ones, it takes the first one found.

Why do you want to search for the CP then?

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Actually we do not have much experience on working with CE and e-Recruiting.

My understanding is several Ps are linked to one CP in SAP HCM. (Those Ps belongs to different countries)

The same CP is linked to a BP and to a NA in e-Rec.

From your explanation I understood, we can have several CP linked at the same time to a single (Main?) CP which stores the link with the NA.

And then from this standpoint, you are right, making searches based on the CP makes non-sense as they are multiple as well.

Could you kindly give me an example of multiple CP assigned to one CP?

Anyway, the criteria for using the PERNR ID does not seem too stable, right? Which is the criteria for "if you have several active ones, it takes the first one found"?

Because we are on a situation that most of the employees will be under expatriation processes and then they will have two active PERNR IDs (Home and Host), being the "first" one the Home one.

Thank you very much for your response!

Regards,

xevi

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Xevi,

It's more several Ps for one CP, see also:

https://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_03/helpdata/en/49/46037f06971ec6e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Both having IT0000-STAT2 value set to "3"?

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

I have read the link you shared with me. (Thank you very much for that).

And yes, we will have the situation of having both Home and Host Employees as "Active" so on this situation I do not see how "having the first of them" as the PERNR ID displayed by standard could help the users identifying the "single" person/candidate.

From my understanding, having an object CP which is linked to the Candidate (Object NA) (1:1) and linked to the several Ps (PERNR) (1:n), the object CP would be the one available for searches and not the P as the CP is the unique identifier for the employee/person/candidate.

So my question is, does anybody have the same feeling? Am I right?

If yes, does anybody performed this enhancement for having the CP available on the searches instead of P?

Thank you very much for this nice discussion!

Kindest regards,

xevi

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Xevi,

If both are active and transferred via ALE and hence, also in HRP5580 you will need to adopt the system behavior to your requirements.

As mentioned we take the first entry in CL_HRRCF_ALE_EE_INBOUND => GET_EE_DETAILS_FROM_CP:

lt_p5580[] = is_extracted_cp-it_p5580.       

SORT lt_p5580 BY pernr begda.                 

READ TABLE lt_p5580 INDEX 1 INTO ls_p5580.

So this is what you will need to adjust to your needs.

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

It will help for sure during our implementation.

If you agree, I will keep the main question open as from my understanding using the CP instead of the P as a search criteria is still an open question and I will try to get another point of view from the community.

If you have any other comment do not hesitate to contact me!

Thank you very much!

Kindest regards,

xevi