cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO to BOBJ in FLP: To use a Portal or not?

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Got a quick portal security question

We are doing a new implementation where the main backends are 2 x ECC and 1 x BOBJ. 

We intend to use the Fiori Launch Pad for the central access point and navigation hub.  We have the option to deploy the FLP on either its own ABAP Frontend server, or on a Portal instance (we don't currently have one).

We know from this page that both methods provide the same options for Single Sign On to the backend systems, i.e. SAML, SAP Logon Tickets or Basic.  We also know from this page that if we host FLP on the Gateway, we can only use URL integration for BOBJ, whereas on the Portal we can use (I guess) dedicated BOBJ iViews.

What we don't know, is if we save the cost of a Portal and host the FLP on the GW, would those SSO options work with BOBJ reports if integrated with URL integration?

I can't see any other reason why we would implement the portal... since the FES would be able to handle the navigation and the SSO.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sankar_27
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

I am trying to do the same thing. We have Fiori on frontend (Gateway) with ECC and we want to do SSO between FIORI and BOBJ. Have you found a way how to do it? Please share thanks in advance.

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are facing the same issue and we have raised the oss for the same.

SAP team saying that Fiori SSO with BOBJ is not supported.

As a workaround we are using BW Easy Query.

If  you find any solution do let me know.

Regards,

Meghal Shah

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess an alternative might be, to use SSO from the browser with X509 certificates or SAML?

I'm not an expert, but in this scenario I assume that the BOBJ server would trust the same ceritifcate/authority as the Fiori server, thereby requiring only one sign in.

What do you think?

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want trusted authentication to just display BO Reports. This Blog might fulfill your requirements.

(consider this as a workaround)

How to bypass the BI Launchpad logon screen | David Lai's Business Intelligence Blog

Regards,

Meghal Shah