cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAi2 Bank Statement File Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need a process guide on how to update a BAi2 Bank Statement. I have an old version that explains how to do the upload but the file example that was provided does not exist anymore. Can anyone help me? Need the current version.

Appreciate the help,

BJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lokesh2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

You can check with the bank for latest version of the bank statement format if for any changes in BAi2 and if requires any changes then report an incident which will be looked into and necessary corrections will be applied if require.

In the activity Automatically Generated Bank Statements, you can view the configuration settings required for transaction codes which are already mapped for each format.

Refer to help document 'About import format for bank statements'

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

I was successfully able to load a BAi2 file into ByD. But i did notice that once the file is uploaded, the Postprocessing step is still "Required" to do manually.  I was expecting that once i uploaded the BAi2 file via New Bank Statement upload, it will be completed and would have not to manually go through the required postprocessing step.  See screen shot.

If i have many transaction assscociated with the file upload, doing the postprocessing manually would be time consuming and uploading BAi2 file wouldn't make much sense.

Is there a way to automatically set the file to where I would not have to process the postprocessing required step?

Thank you for your help.

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Please check the fine tune activity : Global Settings for payments and click on lik, Edit rules for analyzing memo lines.

If you have maintained rules correctly, and system finds appropriate open item then payment allocation/clearing will be performed automatically which will lead to post processing status to not required.

Search for rules for analyzing memo line in the help center and you should get few documents which explains more about the same.

Regards,

Harshal

lokesh2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Adding to what harshal's note

If you maintain rules set-up to analyze bank statement memo lines then this will help in automatic clearing.

These are crucial for an automatic clearing of open receivables/payables item. By setting up rules for analyzing memo lines the system should be enabled to automatically clear open items.

You can set up rules based on e.g.: Business Partner, external Document ID of payable/receivable item etc.,

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh and Harshal,

I appreciate your feedback. I've followed along what you guys have advaised and i'm still having issues with automatic postprossing.

See File example screen shot as my upload bank statement which works successfully.

However, the post processing is still required (Bank Statement screen shot).

In the Memo Line after upload screen shot, you can see how the memo lines reads once I've uploaded the BAi2 file.

I've tried to set up the that memo line in the analyze memo line fine tune activity. See Memo Line setup screen shot. 

Can you please tell me what i'm doing wrong? What am I missing?  If it would help, maybe we can schedule a call?

Thank you,

Brijesh

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brijesh,

Okay, Just one last thing I would check is

As per your last screenshot, You have maintained rule. Could you please click on simulate and enter the smae text what you have maintained under the memo line. Click on simualte in the pop up window again.

Check the results.  If the rules are working and deriving results correctly,

Then I would check in the automatically generated bank statement activity to see the payment method settings are correctly maintained and used.

Lastly,

May I ask you to provide me the screenshot of the

1) Payment allocation screen

2) Simulation result of rules for memo lines

3) Automatically generated bank statement activity for the bank statement format BAI2 and corresponding payment method details there.

This would help us in understanding the root cause.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I was caught up and got busy.

I have tried doing the simulate function and entered the same exact memo line that I got from the upload but unfortunately no rules show up.  See below all the requested screenshots.

1. Payment allocation screen.

2. Simulation results

3. Automatic Generated bank Statement BAi2 Format

Hope this helps.  If it is easier, we can jump on quick call or take you can directly email me at bpatel@fmtconsultants.com. I also can be reached at 847-322-2077.

Thanks so much again.

Answers (0)