cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No output after the job complete successfully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have created a couple of jobs to load data from ERP to SQL. One of the job completed but no any data output to SQL table. I checked the monitor no any error message. It look like the data flow works well. Clicked on the 'View data' for the source table, there did some data. But nothing display when 'View data' for the target table. Very appreciate on any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if there's a filter condition that prevents the data flow from the source table to target table.

Open the query transforms and check the WHERE tabs.You have posted the "trace log" ; check the monitor log for the number of records processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Magesh,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the monitor log, '0' records processed. and also did not find any filter condition in the Query.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you actually trying to achieve in the job.

Any conditional logic in the job or   script written

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It's just a load job to load data from ERP to SQL. There are two data flow to, one is for the 'First' load and another one is for the 'DELTA' load. I set the value of GV (load_type) to 'First' in order to do a full load. However, the data is still unable to load. Thanks for your reply.

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bebe , Looks like you are using conditional flow.Here's my assumption : It works in such a way that if load_type= 'First' it executes the first DF ,if you pass load_type= 'DELTA' , it runs the Delta DF.If this is the case , please check what values you pass for global variable load_type and make sure they are exactly in the same case as it is defined in the conditional statement. Data services will treat "Delta"and "DELTA" differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magesh,

Thanks for your response. I checked the value of GV load_type, no matter what I input 'DELTA' or 'FIRST', the result of running would be 0 row count. So confused.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

Is this the first time you are running the job or the issue occurred recently.

Can you print the value of  global variables and also check the length of data type for the variable.

print('Value of GV load_type : ' || $GV load_type);

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to print out the value of  that global variable . The trace log clearly shows which data flow has been executed. In your screenshot it is the delta one.

I wonder how you can have a delta load without having a where-clause?!

(Unless you're using a Business Content Extractor as the source. In that case don't blame it on your DS job, but on how the BCE has been set up and you should liaise with your Basis colleagues.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I'm very new to the Data Service. Probably I misunderstood on the previous reply for the 'where-clause'. I was saying the one under the 'Query' transformation. I did have a conditional where 'if the load_type is 'FIRST' then do....else do....' Now, after I did a minor change on the setting of full load condition, it began to work. Thanks for all of the helps!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its seems that you are running a Delta load. Can you check the condition which you have mentioned in the where tab. If the condition is not satisfied then the job will not fetch any data from ERP Tables.

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many records are you expecting? Your data flow has run for 4 seconds only, so it sure hasn't done a lot of processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

It should be 1000 records. The flow has only run 4 seconds, apparently, it's not what I'm expect. I checked the data from the source table, all of them is there. Just no data pass to target table. Thanks for any help!