cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Applications in UI5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

I want to implement the ESS Applications like Personal Info, Leave, Salary statement, Team Calendar, LSO, PMS etc in UI5 & NWBC. I have configured the same in FPM WDA applications using NWBC, but not yet in UI5 !

I have gone through Configuration: ESS (SAPUI5) in SAP NetWeaver Business Client - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP ...

If its in FPM, there is no need of NW Gateway , Odata etc... but i read that we need all those settings to be done for UI5. I am a functional and I don't have any idea about all those settings.

Can anyone point out how much different is this UI5 application from FPM Applications.

For adding new infotypes, we can do it using enhancements in FPM Application... how it will done in UI5...??

Also for Leave, travel etc... how UI5 application different from FPM Application in configuration.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know using UI5 based applications in ESS Gateway (Gateway provides the capability to create and manage OData service) is needed.

Your other queries:

If its in FPM, there is no need of NW Gateway , Odata etc... but i read that we need all those settings to be done for UI5. I am a functional and I don't have any idea about all those settings.

Most of the settings remain the same from a functional perspective.

Technical folks (ABAP -HR) guys when required to enhance the standard UI5 applications (or create custom UI5 applications) will have to worry about Odata, UI5, Javascript.

Can anyone point out how much different is this UI5 application from FPM Applications.

Functionally they are the same in most cases when it be Java WebdnPro, ABAP WebdynPro (WDA)or UI5 or Fiori. The Fiori applications render well and work seamlessly on all devices (Destop/tablet/smart phones ) while WDA applications can't render properly on tablets and smartphones.

Further not every application has been ported to UI5.

Some application like personnel info continue to be WDA FPM. But you would navigate to the application through a launch page/tile/application that is build using UI5.

For adding new infotypes, we can do it using enhancements in FPM Application... how it will done in UI5...??

Same configurations will work as per my knowledge. SAP has not ported Personnel info appication to UI5.

Also for Leave, travel etc... how UI5 application different from FPM Application in configuration.

Leave request application is available in UI5. Refer here for the complete list of applications and their attributes as of the latest release : Applications and Features for Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP ...

Employee Profile application documentation says:

Personal Data

This card displays the personal information of the employee. When you choose Details, the Web Dynpro ABAP application Personal Profile is launched.

Employee Profile - Manager Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library

Hope this helps.

With regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir,

Thanks for the detailed answers.

We have activated the required Business functions HCM_ESS_UI5_1 & HCM_ESS_WDA_3

Like we used to test the leave requests/travel requests etc from se80 -> FPM WDA applicaitons, can we test the UI5 applications from se80. Or first the NW gateway settings has to done before that..?

After activating the business functions, what all things to be done..?

Thanks,

Namsheed.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can test UI5 applications directly from SE80 by launching the respective BSP applications.

Prerequisite is that the OData services corresponding to the application should be active.

Refer to help.sap.com documentation and follow the steps starting with landing page config.

There are several posts and I am sure you will be able to locate them.

All the best.

Regards,

Sahir.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to activate below BF's also.

BC_SRV_STW_01

BC_SRV_STW_02

BC_SRV_STW_03

You can follow this thread upto 4th step

And from 5th step read the below sap help document and do configurations

Configuring the Landing Page - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library

I followed the same and did configurations for UI5 applications. Finally i am able to access all ui5 applications.

Below are the snapshots of services.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also refer to this post by

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can check via PFCG too, enter the role and say execute transaction or you can use the test launchpad service directly in gateway client(/n/iwfnd/maint_service) -> for example  /sap/opu/odata/UI2/LAUNCHPAD/myUsedLink/?linkId='04ZMSS0DEMPLOYEE_MENU20005056A204721ED19ACECAE00F4D57FF' Also, configuration hasnt changed frombackend its just the UI even record workng time is in SAPui5, You need HCM_ESS_UI5_2 All this information is available in blog i shared the prereq etc.