cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW IT41 only one date ty change load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Required to load Date Ty "Hire Date" change only. As I tested, if I only load one date type,,other date types boxes become blank on IT41.

i did load of all date types including the Hire date that needed to change. load insterted the new row with new Hire date, keeping other date ty fields same. It is time consuimg.

Is there a way to just load Hire date change and the IT41 screen still keeps all the other date types as is?

also, is it possible to not insert a new row with new Hire Date instead Hire date change happens on the current row only thru Load?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PA30, create a batch recording to do exactly as you want, i.e., insert one more date type with date value. Enter a

pers.no.,

the from date of IT 41 record you want to copy from,

infotype 41

Then select copy (shift F9).  This brings the existing record closest to the date selected.

Enter the

- new from date from which you want to change.

- new date type in an empty field, then corresponding date value.

Press enter.  This will re-sequence the date types with their date values.  It will give message that the old record will be delimited. Press enter and save.

End batch recording and save it.  Use this recording in your LSMW object.

Change/Complete the LSMW object details including any assignments.

Save the recording, LSMW object in a transport.

Copy the transport with SCC1 to your dev test client.

Create a small file in Excel to load the IT 41 to one sample employee.  Save it as a .TXT file

Run the LSMW with the test file.  It will create a batch session.

Run bdc session inn foreground with error display only.

In PA20, check the data created.

If you find this requires any changes in the recording or in the LSMW, change as required.

Re-test the LSMW & BDC.

After it is satisfactory, you can move the transport/s to QA,  Re-test in QA just to ensure it is ok.

Then move the transport/s to prod.

In Prod also test one live employee.  Then do for the rest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx much!! I will follow the process ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  the requirement is to change Hire Date without inserting a new row.

Another challenge is on some records there are two rows with all date types so here only Hire Date need to be changed on 2 rows w/o inserting new row and changing other date types.

Can you please help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you doing the upload(BDC/LSMW/any other way)?

What mode of operation are you using? Did you try using COPY?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thru LSMW. LSMW recording worked fine for employee records with single row. I'm stuck with changing "Hire Date" for employees with multiple rows on IT41

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which operation mode are you using in the LSMW recording? Copy or Change?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not go with LSMW option we will have to face some other challenges as well, try to upload data through BDC when it comes to IT0041.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used Change via PA only touching the Date Ty that is changing. I am already successfully done single row records so LSMW should be better option. Not want to try something from scratch.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dear LSMW is good option to upload in bulk data, but create your recording with copy/change through PA30 tcode, hope it works for you.

Regards;

Bashir Ahmad