cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port resp URL generation for WDA preview from SE80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

probably a quite simple question, but Im not able to find out on my own: if Im calling a WDA preview from SE80 by clicking right on the appropriate entry and choosing test, how is the port in the URL for this one is generated? I have a problem with wrong port generation there and would like to understand how this works. I checked HTTPURLLOC table since I thought it could be there, but its empty. Thank you

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked below links which might help you.

URL Generation in an AS-ABAP - Web Dispatcher Configuration

URL of a Web Dynpro Application

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Katrice, due this:

URL Generation in an AS-ABAP - Web Dispatcher Configuration

Scenario 1 should be the right one (there is a SAP Dispatcher, but Im calling the WDA directly from SE80, so the Dispatcher URL is not used), but as I mentioned HTTPURLLOC is empty

URL of a Web Dynpro Application

Thanks

KH

this resource is de facto saying:

port number can be omitted if the standard port 80 (http) or 1443 (https) is used

the port Im seeing while calling a browser preview is 8000. Provided information is nor giving me any clues how I can take influence on used port, neither explains where its coming from.

Meanwhile I took a look to the WDA configuration (lets use WDR_TEST_EVENTS to keep it simple):

Also, the documentation you have provided give me the clue to take a look into SICF for the WDA I need:

the service is active, Im not able to find there any information regarding using port.

Katrice, do I undestood this properly: if HTTPURLLOC is empty, the port number from the profile is used? Thank you,

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take help of your basis team to check the settings for

icm/server_port_0

icm/host_name_full   

or

Check in SMICM tcode how many ports are available

SMICM---> Click Services button.If HTTPS ports not exists, you can configure them.

Thanks

KH

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

RZ10 is the t-code where you can check the port no.

I think parameter name is HTTP something, For this please contact with basis team because at one time multiple profiles can be active.

Thanks

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, BASIS is aware of appropriate profile settings and SSL configuration. But my actually question:

if HTTPURLLOC is empty, the port number from the profile is used?

is still open.

cheers

Answers (0)