Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBA or separate CR steps?

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would have a question regarding UI configuration of MDGC7. Based on a certain value provided by the requestor of my CR, I have routed my workflow to different positions (e.g. finance, or procurement department). Now I would like my finance users to be able to see only the finance related data, and my procurement users to be able to see only procurement related data. (None of the below is a parallel WF, just an option: if we have value A in the requestor's CR that routes the WF to finance, if we have value B, that will route the WF to procurement department.)

If I understand the relevant materials correctly there are two ways to achieve it:

• the procurement and the finance steps will both be 'Change request Step1' and the difference in the UI layout is achieved by different CBA adaptations:

• or I define completely separate steps and assign a UI configuration to each of them separately in the "configure properties of change request step" IMG activity - no CBA:

Does anyone have a suggestion about which one to use? I would like to choose the second option, because I don't really see recently much about CBA adaptations in SAP materials, maybe SAP is suggesting the second one as a best practise?

Which are the pros and cons?

Is there a 3rd option?

Kind regards,

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I would go for a 3th option.

Use specific CR steps (like in your option 2) and then use CBA. CBA can be done on dimension WFSTEP.

This is why:

Option 1 is very is more effort to realize. Standard there is no CBA dimension for role. And it is strange to make logic based on authorization roles. Normally you don't program logic based on roles but on authorization objects. And how do you determine the role. A user can have multiple roles, so which to use for CBA.

Option 2. The disadvantage op specific FPM UI configuration per step is: If the user is a processor for a specific WF step, but opens the CR from the My CR overview, he will probalby get the wrong UI configuration.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

thank you for your valuable answer again, I really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Tamas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have used option 1 with parallel workflow. You can configure adaption based on roles and hide or display the UIBB's.

Kiran