cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages getting stuck in scheduled state in PI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing issue in our PI system i.e. "PI messages are getting stuck in Scheduled state for an asynchronous Interface (Proxy to File) .

We have already checked the PI system logs with the help of our Basis team and there were no failures in the system during the same time period. Could you please suggest what can be the possible cause for this ?

Thanks in advance

Deepanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

TechManiac
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you get this resolved?

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepanshu,

Are there any queue entries listed in transaction SMQR ?

Register and activate all the queues using Integration Engine:Administration->Manage Queues

regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

Apologies for delay in response .

Yes , there are so many entries in SMQR.

However , the all the queues are registered and already activated .

Not sure , how this is gonna help. I am raising it to SAP for further inputs.

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions.

Best Regards

Deepanshu

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepanshu,

Can you check if the queue where the messages are getting processed is locked or not.

Can you check the below links:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for your blog . However , here the messages are not in failed state , they are getting stuck in Scheduled state only. Not throwing any error note.

Thanks

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepanch,

For this create the background job schedule for Auto restart the messages.

BR

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, we can set up the Auto restart job only when the messages gets into the failed state.  not sure , How can it will help to reprocess the messages stuck in scheduled state.

Could you please explain ?

Thanks & Regards

Deepanshu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepanshu,

Have you checked SMQ1, SMQ2 transactions in ECC and PI (if it is a dual system)?, have you checked st22 transaction for dumps?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for your suggestions .

Yes , It's a Dual stack system i.e. PI7.3 . Also , I have checked ST22 dump, SM21 systems logs , SM37 jobs as well, both inbound and outbound queues and SLG1 Application logs.

this issue was originally noticed by my colleague over the weekend and She had processed the files manually . Post this we do not have audit logs for these messages. I'm trying to find the root cause for this issue.

As of now , I am trying to get the pattern for this issue over the last few months as it usually occurs on weekend only and that too with a particular interface. Sometimes the similar things were noticed for couple of other interfaces.

However, that time system performance was hit because of other space issues at DB level.