Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize the creation of an order from the notification only if it is launched

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please can you help me, it's possible to authorize the creation of an order ( IW31 ) from the notification only if it is ( the notification) launched ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mika,

Very similar discussion is here: Comparatively your requirement is simpler. So show this to the ABAPer he would take clues from here and do your job very easily through user-exit suggested here. He would incorporate more conditions if any, which you haven't specified here.

In case of any further information please revert.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

I saw you answer, it's very nice, good job,

Please i have a question, why when user tries to create an Order directly (not from a Notification) then this error will be thrown ?

Regards,

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mika,

• Usually Preventive maintenance Orders (PM03 or ZM03) are created directly through Maintenance Plans.
  • Even here there can be models of Plans trigger M3 Notifications and the Maintenance man creates an Order on that to attend the job.
  • If you ask for manual creation of Prev maint Orders, then there may be applications for the Maintenance persons themselves to create direct Orders for the jobs they want to attend.
  • In such cases there is no agency to create Notifications directed to the Maintenance man on which they usually make Orders.

• When we talk about the Breakdown Orders, then I feel as a good practice, they should be necessarily based on M2 Notifications, because all the Defect history is supposed to be registered there in the Catalogs & Codes tab of the Notification. Similarly the fields Malfunction Start/end Breakdown tick and B/Dn duration also of Notification are of importance in such situations.

• There can be other few other applications where Notification is not necessary for an Order creation, OR Notification is necessary for Order creation. SAP has left it to end user to configure according to his environment and at the same time it has provided tools like user-exits etc to have different checks.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mika,

If you dont give access to IW31 transaction, users should eventually need to raise a notification.

Also you have user exit to restrict the use of transaction.

Regards

Terence