cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reduce the field NumAtCard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to limit the number of characters of the field NumAtCard directly in SAP B1

or do I need to create a rule with coresuite?

For our system is a maximum number of 35 characters allowed.

Thanks for Feedback.

BR

mako

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Yes its possible to control the number of characters at NumAtCard.

You will have to write transactional notification control where you can check the length and restrict the data entry.

Regards

Chandan Lal

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mako,

Currently there is no functionality for this in the B1 client, so unfortunately you will indeed need an addon like Coresuite or B1UP to limit the number of characters in the NumAtCard field, or any other system field for that matter.

The only other (not very good) workaround, is to truncate the value to 35 characters in all applications of the field, if and where possible.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the answer.

How I could do that? Would it be easy to handle?

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the answer chandan lalgave, may be the best for your purposes. With this solution you would not be able to add or update the document when there are too many characters in the field, and you could tell the user that he/she used to many characters in the error message.

My solution would require you to find all external processes that use the NumAtCard field (for example an addon that creates EDI files), and changing these addons. Any queries that you use the field in, would be easier to adapt.

Anyway, like I said, it would not be a very good solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Yes its very easy to handle as any time you feel to stop this control or want to add exception you can do it.

I am not aware are you familiar with SQL Queries or not. If you are familiar you just have right a query under the given stored procedure of SAP.

If you have never used this transactional notification then plz let me know accordingly i will give you the steps.

Secondly give me the complete logic to block the numatcard field. You only want to restrict that field to length upto 35 characters ?

What are the documents where you want to restrict this field that also you need to specify I means AP Invoice, AR Invoice where exactly you want to put the control.

Answer my above question will give you the solution accordingly.

Regards

Chandan Lal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your helpful answers.

So I think we are going to use our coresuite and make an optimizer rule to restrict this field.

I think this will be fastest way.

best regards

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Its within the core suite and can be deployed within a minute.

Request you to post a different thread to get the steps how to use Notification control.

Regards

Chandan Lal