cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality notification active/inactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!

I'm writing a report about characteristic inspection defects (QF03) and want to identify a qality notification item from the QMFE table is active or not. Can you please help me in which table I can find this information?

Thank you for your advise!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

Please note that Active/Inactive is related to Notification. Here is how this works:

1. When you record defects against inspection lot, operation or characteristic, the system automatically creates one notification with defects as items. All defects related to an inspection lot are collected in one notification and the link is available through QMEL Table.

2. This initial "unactive" notification has the following statuses :

OSNOOutstanding notification
DEFRDefects Recording

3. Once you activate notification using activation button, the system removes the status DEFR from the notification.

4. Once notification is activated, all items inside are considered active. If you try to create new defect for the same lot, the system will automatically consider it as active because it will be added to an active notification.

Now coming to your question on how to get the info if the items have been activated or not, you can use the following method:

First, you get the notification number from QMFE, then go to QMEL table and get the object number from field QMEL-OBJNR. Then go to table JEST using the object number as selection, check if the status I0162 in column STAT is marked inactive (column INACT). If it is inactive, then the notification and its items are Active. if the column INACT is not marked, then the notification and its items are Inactive.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ayoub for the correct answer.

Have a nice day

Answers (0)