Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an automated email sending rule in EIC application

former_member199759
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a requirement where I need to look for the 1st time caller that contacted Interaction Center. If the caller is 1st time caller, an automated mail needs to be sent asking to take a short survey. If the caller is not 1st time caller and no email (any kind of communication to him) has been sent to him/her in the last 30 days, the same mail needs to be triggered for survey.

If the caller is not 1st time caller and there is an email triggered in the last 30 days, only then there is no need for any survey mail to get triggered.

I am a technical guy who does coding and have worked on the SALES part of SAP CRM but never on the IC part. This seems to be rather functional as I could not find anything to do technically here. I've heard of ERMS and creating rules and policies there. But have never done that and clearly unsure of what to do in this case. Request anyone to help me out with your kind guidance, whether functional or technical as required.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Satya Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in which process step you want to send this email? when inbound call comes in, when email is opened in Inbox, or when End Contact is pressed, etc? what is the exact moment?

ERMS is used rather for inbound email processing, and not outbound.

BR
Radek

former_member199759
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stefaniak,

Thank you very much for responding to my question. That was a much awaited response.

An outbound survey mail has to be sent when End Contact is pressed. Sorry for not being clear on this.

Kind Regards,

Satya Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya, so you can look for IC events - you can write abap code for one of them which is Interaction Ended (i think name of it was something like that) - you will need to do own handler for this or similar event.

you can also use tcode crmv_event and create there new function module for event after save (so eg when interaction record has been saved) and then custom function could send this email.

Regarding survey and sending email you may review coding in WebUI component bt126h_mail or similar (I do not remember exact name) for a buton sending email with link in it already.

there is also a CRM action for Service Requests (tcode crmc_action_def) for sending survey link in email - please reuse this coding - might be helpful.

BR
Radek

former_member199759
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radek,

Thank you so much for the reply. It is very helpful.

But as I told earlier, I am novice to this area of automating email replies in SAP CRM Interaction Center. Can you kindly share some links or data which might help me in doing this? That will be really great if a step by step guide is available for this or at least a normal documentation on how to achieve the same.

Thank you once again in advance.

Kind Regards,

Satya Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

regardin IC events:

http://blog.acorel.nl/2011/07/influencing-interaction-center-with-ic.html

there is not much about it in web - needs more debugging to understand

regarding crm events:

SAP Customer Engagement: Adding functions to events using CRMV_EVENT

this is easier to use

Actions:

Action profiles in SAP CRM - CRM - SCN Wiki

there is a plenty of information in the web

BR
Radek

former_member199759
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Radek,

You have been absolutely helpful to me. I would like to ask one more question. You have given links to 3 conepts in your above reply: IC Events, CRM Events, Actions. Which one of these would you suggest me to follow in order to fulfill my requirement in the easiest possible way.

Or did you meant that all the 3 concepts are interlinked and needs to be worked on to realize the requirement of automatic email reply based on condition in Interaction Center.

Kind Regards,

Satya Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding sending email after interaction (interaction record saved) this could only one of these to be used.

There is also another way - to use workflow - to assign it to event after save. Just trace for event triggered in SWEL.

hard to say which one is "easier" - each of those works in a completely different way, and has its pros and cons. I believe for sbd new in CRM without deep knowledge of WebUI and configuration, I would go into CRM Events (one tcode to make config and assign own function module) or workflow.

Workflow will also do it asynchronously which might be a good idea here.

BR
Radek

Answers (0)