Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Data Migration using SAP Data Integrator to ECC/HANA/SFSF

janisar_munshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client has the land scape of ECC, HANA and SF.

Now we learned that with SAP HANA Live we can use SAP Data Integrator without any extra cost. We need to do migration from clients multiple legacy systems (Non-SAP) to SAP.

1.) I tried to search on the SAP Data Integrator on web, however, not sure if the Data Integrator is the same as BO-DI

2) is the SAP DI capable to support complete ETL (Extraction, Cleansing, Transformation, Load and Verify/Consolidation)

3) Is the tool capable of migrating to ECC / HANA / Success Factors

3) How complex, manageable and scalable to put business / cleansing logic at DI Layer in case there is extra source system is added at the later stage

4) What are the additional functions that we would have other than SAP DI compared to SAP BODS, if we suggest client to go for the costlier approach of acquiring BODS as we are planning to use the tool (i.e. DI or BODS) for Data Migration purpose only

Thanks,

Janisar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no clue what SAP Data Integrator is. Are you sure about the product name? Very important because there are several integration options, called Smart Data Access, Smart Data Integration, Smart Data Cleansing, Smart Data Streaming... All with their own use cases, functionality, features, possibilities.

janisar_munshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply. I am referring the name from the BOM. I am not sure if SAP Data Integrator is a framework, tool or something else. The only information i could get is http://www.sap.com/pc/tech/enterprise-information-management/software/data-integrator/index.html

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And that page contains close to no information. Could you share the exact wording from the BOM?

janisar_munshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is the reply from SAP.

"do you mean that you want to make sure that the customer has BODS license so they can use during the DB Migration from Oracle to HANA during the implementation phase. If this is the case then DI (Data Integrator) is included with the Run Time HANA License. Let me know if this answers your question."

"DI is the used for batch and near real time replication to HANA."