cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects RAM-consumption is growing constantly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are working on a more complex ESP-Project which does his job very well. (machinedata transforming and storing it into HANA)

But there is one thing we were not able to resolve to this point. And it is RAM-consumption of the project.

After at least 7-8 days the memory of the server (8GB) is completely full and the project gets an error and dies.

The first action to stop the growing was to check that every window has a reasonable limiter on it and the "flex-container" like dictionaries, eventcaches and vectors do not overflow.

Second we checked the memory-consumption-log which is created when the project shuts down. The total displayed RAM-consumption is about 10 MB. But in the taskmanager the steamingproject.exe is listed with > 5 GB.

Even with a shut off dataflow the RAM is expanding (but with a much lower rate).

Is there some sort of internal project-logging which could be turned off? Or any other project/cluster-setting who could be responsible for this misbehavior?

I'm hoping someone has an easy solution for my problem.

Greetings,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

remi_astier
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

can you open the metadata stream and check the memory consumption at the project level ?

Also, can you check the number of events per window ?

The two interesting resources are Project_Monitor and Stream_Monitor :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

thank you for your answer. To this point I did not know about the meta-steams.

I checkt both sources which you mentioned.

- The Stream_Monitor shows nothing new. All Streams/Windows work normal and within the given limits.

- In the Project_Monitor is the growing RAM conspuntion visible.

So, I am not able to point the problem down.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Do you see the same memory growth if you remove the HANA Output Adapter from your project?

Regards,

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

thank you for your input.

To this date I had not tested the project without the HANA Output Adapter.

I do this test now. It will take some days to see a result.

Regards,

Matthias

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

In ESP SP10, there is a way to generate a memory report on-demand, so you don't have to shut down the project. Here is the link to the SAP Event Stream Processor Developer Guide for how to do this:

Monitor Project Memory Usage - SAP Event Stream Processor: Developer Guide - SAP Library.

- Would you be able to share your project so we can get a better understanding of what may be causing the problem?

- Can you possibly break up the project to narrow down to find what part of the project may be causing it?

- Have you consulted with the ?

Thank you,

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alice,

thank you for your answer.

I checked the memory report befor the post. There where no information about the real consumption. There were only ~100 MB reported. I'm sorry to tell you that its not possible to share the code publicly.

At the moment I disenabled the HANA Output Adapter like Gerald suggested.

Gregards,

Matthias