Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gender Neutral Form of Address in IT 0002

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have been asked the question -

Are there any plans to deliver gender neutral forms of address "Mx" from a system perspective i.e. SAP and SF patches/upgrades?

The definition from Wikipedia, is:

Mx, usually pronounced Mix or Mux (similar to Ms), or Mixter, is an English language honorific for use alongside Mr, Ms, etc. that does not indicate gender. It is often the only option for nonbinary people, as well as those who do not wish to reveal their gender. It is a gender neutral title that is gaining acceptance in the UK.

I am aware that we can create our own entry if we want to, but would prefer it to be delivered as an SAP standard entry with a suitable priority in the table. is anyone aware of any such plans by SAP and/or successfactors to cater for this small but steadily increasing usage of "Mx"

Thanks and Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PierreAlainWeir
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish, please see response from OSS

There is no current plan to deliver such a change as it's mandatory to report a gender on the FPS, so there is a need to choose either of the two genders on it. Please feel free to let me know in case you are aware about any legislation based on which it would be mandatory deliver this change.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harish:

Excellent question! you should raise on OSS ticket to request official answer from SAP

Antoine

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Already done that, but not holding breath waiting for a fast reply. In the meantime, I am hoping perhaps some of our resident elder statesmen who have their ear to the ground may know something about it. is one name that springs to mind.

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is everywhere ---- This "mixter" gender; I must say in french or spanish sounds very kind of "Windowlicker" from AphexTwin; I am sure you remember... I have never heard this a something popular over here.......but it might belong to a new IT0002 field or re-setup of Form-of-Address Key field since T522G tailor Gender Key after that field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can the Swedes get left behind? They adopted "hen" in 2012.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eww, you really make me feel old now.

As you said: you can add your own entries, but afraid I'm not aware of any standard amendments coming up. Have to admit I haven't heard Mx in the UK yet, but maybe that's started by the posher people from the Westend or Hipsters in Shoreditch and hasn't made it to the earthier places like Southwark yet 🙂