Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance Keys Use

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've searched the net and I've acquired lots of information relating to the topic of QM Tolerance keys. This info, though very clear in the "why" tolerance keys are used, It's not at all clear "how" to actually apply and use them in a heavy metals environment. I do know Tol. Keys are used in conjunction with metal objects such as shafts, bored or tapped holes, lengths, widths, and angles etc;. 

I've not been successful locating one inclusive document which explains how I'd set them up, use them in conjunction with Characteristics and configure them, if this is indeed necessary. 

I'd appreciate any help which could be provided in the form of links, papers, or advice step by step. I have exhaustively searched for this to no avail.

I have:

Created CT04 Chars as Numer., both Single and Mul. Values

with and without an Upper/Lower Char value, as well as with only a nominal value

under the Values tab, created both activated and deactivated the Addnl Values tick,

Under the Addnl Data tab, included the Table Name TQ29, and under Field Name, TOLERANZSL reference to Table Field  for the Tol Keys. and received all the normal positive messages during the process to save.

When creating the MIC, successfully referenced, quantitative, and linked, I always see the Tol Key block greyed.

Used one material with Config. ticked on Mat. Master.

Please, what am I doing wrong, or omitting???

Thanks in advance.

V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Under the Addnl Data tab, included the Table Name TQ29, and under Field Name, TOLERANZSL reference to Table Field  for the Tol Keys."

Not sure why you did this.. this sounds like you are creating a reference to a field.  You shouldn't be doing this.

Simply set the characteristic as a quant with a UOM and decimals.  Set your deciamls and UOM and enter in a range of reasonable values like 0.000 - 80.000 mm.  That's about it.

Then in the MIC you reference the characteristic, set the control indicators, in the pop-up for tolerance key select the tolerance key, (for above example A10 works).  Enter in the target value and the system uses the tolerance key to set the upper and lower values.

Craig

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Much Thanks Craig,

Sometimes you have to just take a step back, and reset. There's the Tol. Key dropdown right in front of my eyes. But we learn something everyday in the world of SAP QM.

As for the "assumed answered" earlier, really don't know why that happened... But this worked as designed the first time around.

Issue solved.

V.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah.. I'm not sure how that got set if you didn't set it.  I think sometime global moderators might set that.  But not sure why yours would have been picked.

Yes. Sometimes it helps to just walk away, have beer, and come back to it at a later date.  I'm amazed sometimes at how I've missed stuff myself at times!

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW: If you marked this as "assumed answer" please make sure you also add a comment that you resolved the issue. I spent some time looking at this and then I saw it was assumed answer after I posted.

Craig