Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch derivation search procedure & strategy types

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an unusual situation or if I am just missing something painfully obvious. I'm setting up some proof of concept tests for batch derivation using the best practices configuration guide as a template -

https://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/BBLibrary/Documentation/803_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

While setting up the config for condition techniques, specifically strategy types & search procedures, there are several references to the standard settings, e.g., 'The procedure BDR001 has already been defined in the standard SAP System.'. The thing is, I can't find any of the standard values anywhere in our systems

Search procedures: BDR001 & BDS001

Strategy types: BDR1 & BDS1

I'm not having much luck finding reference to the standard settings in IMG or internet searching... do these need to be configured somewhere else, or imported from 000 or anything like that?

Just as a relatively unimportant side comment - for some reason, sections 3.4 and 3.5 of the linked configuration guide appear to be exactly the same, with the exception of the title. Hopefully there's nothing too important that was missed because of the duplication

THANKS!

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. 3.4 and 3.5 are identical.  They should have explained in 3.5 a bit more about what the derivation events are and what they do.  But since this seems to be more a best practices guide, I don't think is it going into much detail of the configuration fucntionality.  More like do this, than this, and also this..just a step-wise guide.. not an instructional document.

So yes, those two sections would be almost identical, you basically can't set up 3.4 without also setting up 3.5 and vice-versa.  So someone took a previous document from somewhere and just "filled in" the various sections.

As you you other question, yes.. I would have expected those to be there already.  I can't think of a system I've seen where they weren't there.  So I would look at getting them copied in from 000.

Craig

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig. I'm not sure how/why they were not available in the development systems, but we were able to find them in 000.

Regards,

John

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there are some consultants/consulting firms that don't copy over every thing from 000 wen setting up new systems.  I don't know the resons for this except maybe they think it's saving space or just preventing clutter.  Most of the stuff you copy from 000 doesn't really have any affect unless you do something use to utilize that functionality.

What it does do, is prevent a client form expeanding their use of the system with standard SAp functionality without getting someone to copy that stuff over at a later date.  Which might mean future work for a consulting group.  Not sure if that is the reason or not.

Craig

Answers (0)