cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing dataflow installation in BI_CONT 757

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We are in the following BI_CONT service pack level.

While installing the Purchasing dataflow (0PUR_C01,C04 - 2LIS_02_HDR,ITM,SCL), we notice that the dataflow from infosource and above to the Cubes is only available in 7.x, and that too is incomplete in terms of so many field mappings in the Rule Groups. I remember earlier we would install the 3.x dataflow and then migrate. Now although we are able to install datasource to infosource in 3.x, the content further up is in 7.x by default.

Have any of you resolved this? If yes, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209895
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

I've the exact BI_CONT release and SP-level in my system with the exact issue. I assume an upgrade to latest SP level for the BI_CONT 757 should help. Would like to know if upgrading SP-LEVEL answered your question ?

Please update on how the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Manohar. D

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

most of the BI Content data flows were migrated by SAP from 3.x to 7.x. Therefore the 3.x versions are not longer available.

Can you give an example for a transformation e.g. into 0PUR_C01 where the migrated 7.0 transformation is incomple? I just checked the old 3.x update rule for 2LIS_02_ITM into 0PUR_C01 against the 7.0 transformation and I struggle to find a field that is not mapped in the 7.x tranformation - that note that the rules are splitted into 2 rule groups).

By the way: In case you are using BW on HANA, I would recommend to have a look into the HANA-optimized BW Content for MM-PUR using the same data sources that you mentioned above:

Procurement (SAP HANA-Optimized)

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the reply. It is true that the 3.x versions are not longer available from the InfoSource upwards to the Cubes. I could only find transformations and no update rules while installing from the content.

Yes, the mappings are split into two (Standard and 02) rule groups for 02_ITM flow and three (Standard, 02, 03) for the 02_SCL flow into Cube 0PUR_C01. However, there are still few fields that are not mapped across all rule groups and across the two flows from 02_ITM and 02_SCL, like 0GR_QTY.

From the remnants of an old 3.x installation attempt in another box, I can see that 0GR_QTY is supposed to be mapped from 02_SCL in the Update Rule. Logically, this should also have been the case in 7.x flow while installing from Content, should have been mapped from 02_SCL in at least one of the rule groups. But I do not see this mapping and many others.

We are not on BW on HANA, so that approach may not apply to us. Appreciate your inputs on this.

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

for 0PUR_C04 I found a SAP Notes that seems to be missing in your system:

2163816 - Transformation Routines 2LIS_02_SCL -> CUBE 0PUR_C04 missing (fixed with 757 SP06).

For 0PUR_C01 I couldn't find such a SAP Note but it seems that missing rules between InfoSource 2LIS_02_SCL and 0PUR_C01 were shipped with 757 SP05 (747 SP12).

In the system that we are using for BI Content testing, I can see that 0GR_QTY is being updated by 2LIS_02_SCL.

Maybe best to import BI Content 757 SP6 (SAPK-75703INBICONT) into your BW system.

Best regards and all the best for your project,

Andreas