cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nace V2 Conditions for output control - exclude conditon record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am familiar with NACE and conditions for output control - specially for V2, shipping Application.  Currently we have many output types under V2 applications that print shipping documents.  I have a requirement to exclude plant or shipping point from printing these documents.  I am looking into the condition records but I believe these are just to add conditions but I am not seeing where I can use exclude conditions.  We have several plants and shipping points so to maintain print condition will be a bigger scope.  Is there a way to maintain " do not print" condition type based on Shipping Plant or shipping point or even delivery type and shipping point?

thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Condition records can't be used to exclude something, they can only not include something. E.g. if you have a Plant as a key field in the condition record then maintain the record only for those Plants that require a printout. If no condition record is found then no output will be created. Naturally, you'd need to make sure that other conditions (in case you have multiple accesses) are also not fulfilled.

For anything else there are requirement routines.

This has been discussed many times on SCN already.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Billing to Output Management

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For printing there is no exact analogue to the exclusion functionality in pricing.

You have several possible options to simplify the maintenance of condition records for printing.

A. In case you do not want to determine the output at all automatically:

1. It is not such a huge effort to maintain output determination even if you have hundreds of shipping points - just use a script or batch input recording .

2. Maintain 2 accesses in the sequence - for sales org./delivery type for the sales organizations that you do not need to have exceptions per shipping point and another per shipping point/delivery type where you define conditions per shipping point. (I personally dislike this idea, because if somebody decides to forbid later even 1 plant in the sales organization - you have to maintain the conditions for all allowed shipping points as in 1. anyway)

3. Use a print requirement that checks against z-table entries per output type/shipping point.

4. Userexit VN000001. Not really worth it to implement an exit for your specific case, but if you use it already, you can have some logic there to only create a spool request in certain cases.

B. In case you also want to prevent the user from printing the output even if he enters it manually for a disallowed location and tries to process it via VL71/VL02N:

1. Execute a check in the print program, issue a message and set the corresponding status of output (not a very good idea in most cases, use only you cannot avoid some problem - e.g. error in delivery output causes issues with DSDP).

C. In case you want to prevent all users user from adding manually the output:

1.Set CannotBeChanged to 'X' for the output type.