Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in My Travel and Expenses | Buttons/Links not working

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are working on 7.0 Portal and have implemented ESS/MSS. We are facing issues in My Travel and Expenses.

If we go to My trips and expenses in the portal and click on Change Travel Expense report, nothing happens:

And none of the options (Display/Print, Change, Copy, Delete and so on) works in this screen:

\

If I go to create expense report most of the options work, but for some reason the Cancel icon doesn’t work:

If go into SAP and transaction SE80 and look at the Web dynpro application and then choose test, all buttons work fine.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you activated the business function HCM_ESS_WDA_1? You need to use correct roles then ie ESS role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2? Please check note 1450179 check in LPD_CUST ESS MENU etc Fin_travel_1? is activated? PS : check if this helps 945516 - Web Dynpro ABAP in a portal environment

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you for your response. We do have the business functions activated.

But still the buttons in the abap web dynpro applications do not work. For example, when I click on change travel expense, nothing happens.

Although in the network tab, I do observe some url being triggered but the screen doesn't get launched.

Similar is the case for other buttons.

Here is the component list:

I have browsed through a various links and sap notes but unable to find a solution for this issue. Can you please suggest what could be the next step?

Regards,

Karan

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you advise whats the role have been assigned to the user? in LPD_CUST etc as i mentioned above, check system alias etc its correct. Also, its only with Travel correct ? button dont work?

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Below are the roles assigned:

Below is the screenshot of the launchpad in portal for travel:

The problem is coming in buttons of My trips and expenses (First screenshot in the thread), The Cancel button is gone from create expense report after the activation of the business functions.

Alias is maintained in LPD_CUST.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Karan

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

after activating the switch it should have worked with correct roles

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3780015 Anyhow, can you do a HTTP trace and see if there is an event sent or not? ALso, only My trips and expenses is effected correct no other application? reason i ask so we can rule out any portal issue etc

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

The problem is with this application only. Also, I have attached the network tab screens from google chrome which indicates that some event is being called.

Regards,

Karan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in UWL in system admin.

Travel request has created or not.

Regards,

Nagendra.

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi nagendra,

Travel expenses are getting created when we use the create travel expense link.

Regards,

Karan