Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subquery using 0CLR_DOC_NO data while selecting data by 0AC_DOC_NO

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create two querries:

1. Dispalying data of documents (selection by user)

2. Displaying data of clearing documents for those documents that were choosen in the first query.

like that:

Q1                          Q2

...                             ...

0ac_doc_no            ...

0clr_doc_no  <=>  0ac_doc_no

...                            ... 

...                            ...

(above model is simlified - I would use appropriate time characteristics in this case to avoid errors)

Using the standard  SUBQUERY technics (variable / replacement path / query ) is as far as I know is impossible because in this case referencial characteristisc is always the one.

Also, I was trying to create two replacement path variables (one using another in replacement path) but after creating the first variable it is not seen as a variable to be choosen in the second variable.  

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards, Leszek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leslaw,

Try to use Report-to-Report interface, RSBBS T/code.

Regards,

Vengal.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If RRI functionality can be used to restrict one characteristic with the other (ie. restricting 0ac_doc_no with 0clr_doc_no values)  it'l be perfect and I'll try that method. Can you confirm ?? (I've never tried to use RRI).

Thanks, Leszek

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can pass the values from one query(sender) to other(receiver) , based on the passed values you can see the data in the target query. Just give a try, there are some assignment options you will get while doing. please go through some docs, you will get an idea and then proceed.

Regards,

Vengal.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'm trying....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a variable on document -> Choose processing by replacement path -> Go to replacement path tab -> Replace with Query and give the query name.

It will take output of the source query and execute.

Hope it answers - Kumar

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately I don't see the possibility of restricting 0ac_doc_no with values of 0clr_doc_no while using replacement path.

May be I'm wrong but I think that that functionality only gives us the possibility restricting 0ac_doc_no with values of 0ac_doc_no.

Regards, Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You try by maintaining only 0clr_doc_no in your first query to take input for second query. It should work as expected.

RRI will take only selected value as input to jump to other query. If you want to use it, you need to take higher level attribute to jump. But it will bring all doc number related to that value.

- Kumar