cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why settinngs are not working for others?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I created some personalization settings and saved in a TR as ADMIN (I mean, added &SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X to the URL & got customization yellow bar on the top), then I moved it to QA, but I don't see my changes effect in QA for other users, its working OK to me, and when I saw the TR am seeing below, pl. let us know what does it mean,

1) Pl. let us know even though I did settings as admin and saved in TR. moved to QA, why the settings are not working for other users?

2) What is this in the pic. in the TR?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run your application in configuration mode (url parameter sap-config-mode). Then when you save the settings you will be able to create public settings.  With SAP-CONFIG_MODE=X, the settings will be saved as customizing and you will be prompted for a customizing transport (assuming your client is setup for customizing).  If you use SAP-CONFIG-MODE=config then when you save the settings will be saved as Configuration and you will be asked for a Package and a Workbench transport.

Hope this will give you clear info.

Thanks

KH

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Which one I should select? whether workbench TR or customizing TR? Pl. let us know

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use Customizing one.

AAny configure changes should go in customizing TR.

thanks-

Abhishek

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing you need to have a Customizing Transport for these kind of changes. These kind of changes are done in Dev system and need to download using SCC1 in test client (true if your landscape have different clients for Development and Testing).

Once they are downloaded then only you will see effect of changes on Testing environment.

The entries which are shown in image above are both configuration tables

SALV_WD_BL_USER : This is related to Binary Large Objects data which stores data both in text and binary format.

WDY_CONF_USER : This is another table which stores all User specific configuration information in XML format.

You can see this information using  "WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER".

Hope this will help.

Thanks-

Abhishek

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Our landscape is: DEV_DEV, DEV_TEST, QA, PRD

System gave me 2 choices as workbench and customizing, so, I thought both are OK to pick hence I picked the workbench, but still I did SCC1 into DEV_TEST, working fine in DEV_TEST

TR released to QA, but not working in QA!

Would you think I should try with CUSTOMIZING TR? ok, I wil.

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi yes you need to have a customizing transport request. The easiest way to save changes in customizing transport is by opening the application by using SHIFT+F8 then you no need to worry about any configure parameter in query string, and it automatically ask only for customizing transport.

hope this will help.

Thanks-

Abhishek