cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LI11N - enter count result - rows appearing on multiple pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have come across an issue where the LI11N screen shows line items for multiple material quants in multiple pages. For e.g. if the Physical Inventory Document (PID) has 20 quants, on page 1 of LI11N screen, 13 line items appear, then on page 2 - 4 line items and page 3 - 3 line items. I am trying to understand why the LI11N screen is getting divided into unequal pages with different number of quants. What this does is that later on during printing using LI04, system will print in a similar way as LI11N shows. So we end up with 3 paper pages, when 2 pages would suffice. Has anyone encountered this issue and is there a way to get around this?

Thank you in advance

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 screenshots could certainly identify the rootcause.

If I guess then I would say it is because of a different storage bin.

I wonder a bit about your sequence, LI11N is used to enter the count, this comes usually after the printing of the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are images of Page 1, 2 and 3 of LI11N screens. Sorry, yes the LI04 (printing) is used before LI11N. But I meant to say that the same (3 pages) is also repeated when printing the document

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like I was too cheeky, can't really be seen and looks strange.

What kind of physical inventory did you do? Annual count, continuous inventory, cycle count?

In case of continuous inventory I could imagine that it comes from this coding:

*........Schleife über alle TB Köpfe....................................

LOOP AT TAB WHERE KREUZ = CON_QUESTION.

PERFORM AUSGABE2.

ENDLOOP.

LOOP AT TAB WHERE KREUZ = CON_STERN.

PERFORM AUSGABE2.

ENDLOOP.

LOOP AT TAB WHERE KREUZ <> CON_QUESTION AND KREUZ <> CON_STERN.

PERFORM AUSGABE2.

ENDLOOP.

SAP loops over the record  in an internal table and outputs first those who have a ? in a field called KREUZ,

Then all with a star are outputted and finally all those records which have no ? and no *

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get some more clarification on this. Below is the explanation that I was able to find out so far on this by asking help from a ABAP colleague. Thought I should update:

The LI04 transaction (using program RLLI0400) that is used for printing PID has 3 limits specified in the code  - 11,15 and 20. These limits, based on amount of data that is printed for each line item of the PID, determines how many line items will show up on each page. We are consistently seeing a pattern in our testing that in the PID printing the program allows to print (in our case) a total of 15 line items or 20 line items from your PID (depending on certain situations). And after every 15 or 20 line items it will print the footer (counter name, sign off info., date, etc.). So since all the 15 line items cannot be printed on one page (in our case it can fit only 12 on one page), it goes to the second page to print the remaining 3 and then the footer is printed on the same page (side). So in our case, its taking the limit of 15 line items before printing the footer. And this pattern is carried out over and over again if you had more than 15 line items on a PID. But the numbering is being done in a 2 sided page printing fashion, which is weird, but that's how its doing it.... e.g  2 page is 4 pages back to back -- so it will say 1/2, 2/2,3/2 & 4/2. Which is confusing because that's not how we usually name pages. I also noticed that the LI11N screen (or LI13N screen for that matter) where you enter the count results is also mirroring the manner in which the PID will be printed. And hence you will see the line items and pages appears in a similar fashion. Although this might not be an ideal way how we would like it to be printed, but looks lik that's how the standard SAP code is working.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is a bug which is addressed in OSS note: 1394094 - Inventory list printout with double number of pages

Answers (0)