cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Meaure using Multiple Selection of Input Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

During the development of a Web I report, I have used, in one of the input controls, the function ElseIf to make a Measure Selector, using the formula

=If ReportFilter([Select a Measure]) = "Capacity" Then [Cap]

ElseIf ReportFilter([Select a Measure]) = "Eficiency" Then [Eff]

ElseIf ReportFilter([Select a Measure]) = "Margin (%)" Then [Margin (%)]

ElseIf  ReportFilter([Select a Measure]) = "Order Quantity" Then [Order Quantity]

But it only allows me to select 'Single Selection filters', as the picture shows.

I´d like to select, for example, Capacity and Efficiency and show them at the same time.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211235
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Renato,

I do not know whether your requirement is resolved or not.

Anyways,try to use Checkbox for multiple selections. Please see the below screenshot.

For Category_InputControl variable: ReportFilter([Category]).

Please be precise with your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Anila, thanks for the support!

Thats exactly what i need!!

What was the formula for the measure that you used to assign the data for Axis X(Sales Revenue) and Axis Y(Quantity Sold). Let me try to use your example.

In my report, I have created a Measure:

For sales Revenue:

= If ( [CATEGORY_INPUT CONTROL] = "Bermudas") Then [Bemudas Revenue]

ElseIf ( [CATEGORY_INPUT CONTROL] = "2 Pocket Shirt") Then [2 Pocket Shirt Revenue]

ElseIf ( [CATEGORY_INPUT CONTROL] = "Boatwear") Then [Boatwear Revenue]

For Quantity Sold:

= If ( [CATEGORY_INPUT CONTROL] = "Bermudas") Then [Bemudas Quantity Sold]

ElseIf ( [CATEGORY_INPUT CONTROL] = "2 Pocket Shirt") Then [2 Pocket Shirt Quantity Sold]

ElseIf ( [CATEGORY_INPUT CONTROL] = "Boatwear") Then [Boatwear Quantity Sold]

But ehe If does not let me choose multiple selection input controls, thats the problem! Can you help me to do the same that you did in the picture? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

former_member211235
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Renato,

See I have used the dimension and measure objects directly onto the graph. And just created a variable to show up what have been selected in the input control. I have not created any variables with "If" condition.

In your case, if you have measure objects in place plot them directly onto graph by taking Product as the Region(Color). And apply input control on the page body for Product dimesion. Later create a variable

=Reportfilter([Product])

Grtz

-Anila.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

thanks for the support. It is already a dimension, I di not paste the code im using here, my bad. I took an example from web. I am trying to plot both information on a scatter graph.

For example, I have made a Dimension, named [Dimension], and used it as Input Control.

I want to build  a scatter graph:

Axis x: [Unit Sold]

Axis Y: [Contribution Margin]

So, I have made a Measure [Unit Sold] equal to

= If ( [Dimension] = "Subfamily") Then [Subfamily]

ElseIf ( [Dimension] = "Family) Then [Family]

and a Measure [Contribution Margin] equal to

= If ( [Dimension] = "Subfamily") Then [Subfamily]

ElseIf ( [Dimension] = "Family) Then [Family]

So, the input control only lets me select single selctions, not multiple. So, im NOT able to see both family and subfalimy plot at same time.

i.e.

Families are: A. B, C

Subfamilies are: AA, BB, CC.

I want to be able to see A, B C, AA, BB and CC plotted simultaneosly!

Do you guys think thats feasible? Thanks in advance!!

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, your nested IF statement will only allow for a single selection anyway. Consider using a MATCH function to indicate if the required selection is contained in the reportfilter().

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neil, Can you please give further details about how to turn the IF formula in Match formula?

This is the formula im using

= If ( [Dimension] = "50 Hz") Then [CAP 50]

ElseIf ( [Dimension] = "60 Hz") Then [CAP 60]

ElseIf ( [Dimension] = "70 Hz") Then [CAP 70]

ElseIf ( [Dimension] = "80 Hz") Then [CAP 80]

thanks in advance

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought you might be able to use a MATCH function to check if a value is included in results, (e.g a reportfilter function) rather than look for parity,a concept like this:

Still not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve though; your example data seems to have changed between the original post and your last one?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the variable qualification to Dimension and then try.

Amit

former_member183161
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Renato,

can you please tell me,why you  chose the measure object ,from my observation it should be dimension(as the lov's  is character) isn't it?

beside, according to my dimension , instead of the above function use the input controls directly on the object and restrict it on block.