cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing SAP ECC v6.0 SR3 IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am installing sap ides on windows server 2012 with oracle 11.2.0.3 installed and I am getting the following error on oracle database creation.

An error occurred while processing option Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 > SAP Application Server ABAP > Oracle > Distributed System > Database Instance( Last error reported by the step :SQL statement or script failed. DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance ORACLE instance started. Total System Global Area 977113088 bytes Fixed Size 2261080 bytes Variable Size 499126184 bytes Database Buffers 473956352 bytes Redo Buffers 1769472 bytes Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options .

SOLUTION: For more information, see ora_sql_results.log and the Oracle documentation.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Someone gave the below solution but I cannot find the line on initSID to remove:

Problem 1 - Deprecated Parameters

When you run sapinst and a database is created, it will create the initial initSID.ora profile with the parameter remote_os_authent = true.  At some point in the installation, sapinst restarts Oracle, which then returns an error like

DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance

When you see this, leave the sapinst message up, but edit initSID.ora and remove the line remove_os_authent = true.  Restart Oracle with "shutdown immediate" and "startup nomount" and click "retry" in sapinst.  This will cause its own problems later on, so you will need to add it back and restart Oracle once the database has been created.

Be sure that there are no other "deprecated parameter" messages after you do this.  Any such message will cause sapinst to stop dead in its tracks.  Other deprecated parameters include "user_dump_dest" and "background_dump_dest".

Help appreciated please,

Regards

Macdonald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys..

I have this problem while installing SAP ECC in Phase "Create DB"

problem attached below :-

if anyone can help please

Where i can find file initSID.ora and which lines will replace and how to shutdown Service and start it again ..2 DAYS without sleep zzzzzz to solve this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone can help guys.

I have done further investigation:

I have realised the issue is on mounting the database created during install, if I use sqlplus to start the instance with mounting the database the instance get started but database not mounted with error ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance

ORACLE instance started. I am using pfile for startup.

I have managed to locate the line remove_os_authent=true and removed it from init<SAPSID>.ora. I have managed to create database and can mount from sqlplus manually with no issues. But I am still having issue on the databse creation phase as below:

Database Instance(last error reported by the step: caught SAPinstException in Modulecell:executable sqlplus returns 1. Please find below part of the ora_sql_results.log.

================================================================================

2015-10-08, 17:04:59 SAPINST ORACLE start logging for

SHUTDOWN ABORT;

exit;

Output of SQL executing program:

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Thu Oct 8 17:05:00 2015

Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

ERROR:

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

SP2-0751: Unable to connect to Oracle.  Exiting SQL*Plus

SAPINST: End of output of SQL executing program D:\Product\OracleBase\OracleHome/bin/sqlplus.

SAPINST found errors.

SAPINST The current process environment may be found in sapinst_ora_environment.log.

2015-10-08, 17:05:00 SAPINST ORACLE stop logging

================================================================================

2015-10-08, 17:05:17 SAPINST ORACLE start logging for

SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;

exit;

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Thu Oct 8 17:05:17 2015

Connected to an idle instance.

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

Disconnected

SAPINST: End of output of SQL executing program D:\Product\OracleBase\OracleHome/bin/sqlplus.

SAPINST found errors.

SAPINST The current process environment may be found in sapinst_ora_environment.log.

2015-10-08, 17:05:18 SAPINST ORACLE stop logging

2015-10-08, 17:05:18 SAPINST ORACLE start logging for

STARTUP NOMOUNT;

exit;

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Thu Oct 8 17:05:18 2015

Connected to an idle instance.

ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance

ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  977113088 bytes

Fixed Size            2261080 bytes

Variable Size          499126184 bytes

Database Buffers      473956352 bytes

Redo Buffers            1769472 bytes

Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SAPINST found errors.

2015-10-08, 17:05:31 SAPINST ORACLE stop logging

Any help?

Regards,

Macdonald

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinyani

I am not sure, I think Windows 2012 server R2 will not support Oracle 11.0, before starting Ides installation  could you check the SAP PAM http:\\support.sap.com\PAM

Regards

SS