cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data and transaction data in LO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I understand that we have to load masterdata prior to transaction data, but can u please tell me how is it applicable in LO perspective?

Thanks

Sofie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In any case, first we need to load master data(Attribute/texts/hierarchy,change run) and later transaction data .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i understand, but what im asking is with respect to LO, say i am extracting data from billing datasource, i extract it as a whole right, in this perspective, how can i load master data first and then the transaction data? can u please explain...

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

,i extract it as a whole right?? What do you mean by whole?

Transaction data pulls only transaction data which recorded. it won't pulls any master data.

please under stand about master data and transaction concepts.

Lets try to see master data source base table and transaction data source base table. that may gives idea.

Lets see what are the info objects part of your SD billing data source.

Below are some info objects:

0BILL_NUM

0COMP_CODE

0DISTR_CHAN

0DIVISION

0SALESORG

from above info objects you may have master data to 0comp_code.

same info objects can be used in other data source as well. So before your SD billing or other Tr data source which have 0comp code, we need to schedule master data load to comp code.

so before running any transnational data loads, better to load all(if your not sure about which are master data need to run first) master data whatever we have in our system. Some clients may be maintained meta chain specific to application. in that first local chain will be master data loads and next will be transnational data load chains.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much for the detailed explanation,

im sorry if i sound silly, but i just want to clarify how it works.

in my scenario, i am using  2LIS_11_VAHDR datasource to extract the sales order data and im loading it into the 0sd_c03 infocube.

My understanding is that the extractor for this datasource contains both master and transaction data, and we are pulling it to the bw system together. (please correct me if im wrong)

So i want to know where the loading of masterdata first, comes into play in this scenario.

sorry if im sounding weird.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My understanding is that the extractor for this datasource contains both master and transaction data???

Big No.  Because thru one data source we never load master data and transnational data.

Master data source names and transnational data sources are different. Never be the one.

Master data source names always will having naming conversion like

Attribute data source name :   *_ATTR (Ex 0GL_ACCOUNT_ATTR, 0COMP_CODE_ATTR, 0COSTCENTR_ATTR)

Text data source name         : *_TEXT(0GL_ACCOUNT_TEXT,0COMP_CODE_TEXT..etc)

Hier data source name         :  *HIER*.

lets try to see data sources at ECC side RSA5/RSA6 under specific application component of master and transnational data.

Below are master data sources only.

if  you automated all loads then please check your process chains which have master data loads and scheduled time. later check your transaction data load scheduled time.

All LO transaction data sources you can see at Tx - LBWE. Even at RSA5/RSA6 also. Explore SAP R/3--->SD--->

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

A very big thanks Ramanjaneyulu...really appreciate it. thanks a ton.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i understand, but what im asking is with respect to LO, say i am extracting data from billing datasource, i extract it as a whole right, in this perspective, how can i load master data first and then the transaction data? can u please explain...

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Irrespective of datasource/application component type its always best practice to follow this approach in terms of data load performance and even report perspective as well, countless docs & blogs available in SCN please go through.

Thanks & Regards,

Harish

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.