cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we allocate memory for a user in sap...?

swathiiyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a doubt that , can we manually allocate memory for a user in sap..?

thanks in advance..

Regards

Narendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendran,

Do you mean you select a user and set a certain memory limit?

Or do you mean parameters for every user?

Regards,

Artem

swathiiyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Thanks for your reply.

actually the problem we are facing is that we got a dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED for a program,

then we again executed the same program after some time, but this time the program executed successfully.

so i don't know whats wrong in the system when the program is executed first time.

Memory consumption

Roll.... 14724912

EM...... 2656358560

Heap.... 2000062960

Page.... 65536

MM Used. 4661012432

MM Free. 1888

so i thought may be this is due to memory occupied by other user's and the program doesn't have enough memory to execute.

regards

Narendran

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

There might be different reasons. Some of them are: server resources were exhausted, user set "heavy" parameters in selection criteria.

If you are sure about user's parameters you need to think about system parameters.

Regards,

Artem

swathiiyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Thanks for your reply.

how to find whether our user's parameters and system parameters are set correctly..

because i checked the parameters of the user and there is some user parameter have been assigned to the user who had got the error.

kindly guide me to set the user parameter and the system parameter effectively.

regards

Narendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Narendra,

You can use ST02 checks for buffers and memory related parameters and there utilization.

Also the dump you have mentioned is due to the new page allocation failed which are normally at work process level.

In urgent cases you can allocate memory to app servers using RSMemory report. refer below link on how to use it.

Changing memory parameters with RSMEMORY report - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Please find below links for reference,

http://www.sap-perf.ca/run-sap-st02-memory-monitor/

https://soumen.wordpress.com/performance-tuning-of-sap-another-experiance/5-st02-another-magic-transaction-for-sap-tuners-ii/

Do let us know if this helped you.

Regards,

Ram