cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment or Functional Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I Want to make Functional Location or Equipment mandatory for Notification creation.

Whenever user is creating Notification user have to Mentioned Equipment or Floc in Notifcation. if he dont put system should not allow to create notification.

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SANDEEP,

As per my experience the best way is to use user-exit QQMA0014 for this purpose. I have the following simple code for the very same purpose as of yours in the include ZXQQMU20 of this exit.

IF i_viqmel-tplnr IS INITIAL AND i_viqmel-equnr IS INITIAL.
     MESSAGE 'Please Enter either Function location or Equipment.' TYPE 'E' DISPLAY LIKE 'I'.
   ENDIF.

This throws the following error at the time of Notification Save in case both Equipment and Functional Locations are blank in a Notification, and prevents from Notification Creation.

IF you want to confine this to particular Notification types, say 'M2' and 'M3'only (often this will be the requirement), then have the above code between these two lines.

IF i_viqmel-qmart = 'M2' OR i_viqmel-qmart = 'M3'.

*<Above code here>

ENDIF.

This is a time-tested code and works perfectly and a 2min job for your ABAPer.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SANDEEP,

With a doubt in mind, I have just gone through your content. Almost all discussions since last 18 months from you are kept open. Confirming that you are not very well conversant with the need and the procedure of Closing threads , this is to suggest that please keep a habit of timely closing the threads including the present one.

Please go through :

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Use OIAL and do the field selection, influence based on Notification Type.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Maria, but that will make both the field mandatory

I want to put either FLOC or Equipment.

If i make both the field mandatory through OILA then user has to maintain both  FLOC and equipment.

it should be FLOC OR EQUIPMENT  not  FlLOC AND EQUIPMENT.

Regards

Sandeep

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

This is quite a common requirement that cannot be resolved via configuration.

A common way to approach this is via ABAP development (user-exit QQMA0014 at save event).

However, there are other ways such as:

• GuiXT
  • Personas

This topic has been covered before, so search out old posts.

PeteA

gibson_nyarugwe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sandeep

Maintain either Functional Locations or Equipment in your master data depending on the object class. You maintain Functional Locations for such items as buildings and Equipment for other classes

Regards

Gibson