cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidance for transporting SOD ruleset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GRC Experts,

I need some guidance \ approach on how to transport SOD rule set from Dev -> QA -> PRD, we are on SP - 10/ 10.1.

I heard there are connectors naming convention be followed ( to be as a generic, we cannot follow - SIDCLNTNumber one )

Did any of you recently worked \ working on transporting SOD rule ? Can you please share challenges faced and the approach took?

We have ECC, HANA, MDG as systems and will be creating logical groups for the same.

Any help around this will be great !

Thank you in advance !

Akshat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akshat,

We have excellent document in SCN,please refer the below link

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baithi,

Thanks for sharing this document, but I am looking around process to transport the SOD rule set.

Thank you !
Akshat

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use program:GRAC_TRANSPORT_ACCESS_RULES

Refer

2136306 - Transportation of Access Control SOD rules 10.X releases

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry ! It doesn't answer my query. The note is a solution to one of the issues faced during transport.

I am looking is approach \ best practice information as what is needed from a connectors \ logical group perspective to move ( transport ) a ruleset from one system to another.

Thank you!

Akshat

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you would need to Activate BC set of Rulesets, in QAS and PRD, because this fills up all the tables associated with Ruleset(Risks, Functions)

Therafter, when you have all your custom Ruleset(Risks, Functions), you can transport the same through SPRO->--->Transport SOD rules

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Plaban,

So were there any specific connector naming convention you followed? How do the connectors get identified once the ruleset moved to different environment , lets say from Dev to QA...

Any challenges you faced?

Thanks !
AKshat