Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not execute task Create Identity for entry null

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Version: 8.0 on Oracle 11g

While creating an user using standard "Create Identity" form, I get the error as below,

I have filled in all mandatory attribute. This error was already reported in our community for 7.2

I tried all solutions mentioned in that thread. Also i tried to create a custom form for creating identities with only 4 attributes (MSKEYVALUE, DISPLAYNAME, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME) and it threw the same error.

When I checked the link in the address bar, I see

https://XXXXdev:00000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~idm~wd~workflow/EditTask?EntryId=0&TaskId=928

May be the error is due to EntryId=0?

Anyone else faced this issue and rectified? Any possible cause for this error? Also it would be very helpful if you can open "Create Identity" in your system and check if EntryId=0 for you as well.

Kind regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I was having the same issue and we found out that some of the tables, procedures and columns were missing in the database. We have upgraded the IDM to a new patch and didn't run the update script "mxmc-update" which is located in the Core -> DatabaseScheme folder. After we run the script, everything works fine now. Please check the update-mxmc log file to see if everything run successfully. I hope it will help you as well.

Warm regards

Oktay

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oktay,

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing. I will see if we are still getting this error and apply mxmc-update.

Kind regards,

Jai

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Oktay.

We had a similar issue and the re-running of mxmc-update script solved our issue.

What we had done to cause the error was re-applied a design time patch 5 for 7.2 SP8 per a SAP Customer incident. after the re-apply of the patch, our Business Suite initial load job stopped working with a DB error.

Error: The statement was not processed because the package named "IC_OPER.P1762166157" needs to explicitly rebound.. SQLCODE-20249, SQLSTATE= ,DRIVER=4.1.19.26" when storing attribute

It wasn't until we tried to create a user in the UI that we discover the same error as in this thread.

Regards,

Jon Sells

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I am facing the same issue.

Please let me know if you have already solved the issue.

Thank you.

Oktay

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oktay,

We did not resolve the issue. In fact we scraped the system after getting no help and re installing the system from scratch. I will check if the issue persists after rebuild. Let me know if you were able to resolve.

Kind regards,

Jai

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am sorry to hear that.

I hope rebuild will solve your issue.

If I find a solution, I will post here.

Thanks

Oktay

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kristiyan et al,

We are still struck on this issue. Can someone help us? I checked the components installed in my NW.

I can see IDMPORTALCONT00_0.sca was not deployed. I read in previous posts that they are dependent do IDMIC file. Can someone confirm if we have to deploy IDM portal content on NW 7.40?

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

We have both IDMPORTALCONT and IDMIC deploy on NW 7.30 and we are still having the same issue.

I'm trying various different things to resolve this issue but no luck so far.

Will keep you posted.

Thank you,

KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Hope you are well.

I'm also having the issue with IdM 8.0 where all of my UI tasks are throwing an error while trying to SAVE:

Could not execute task Create Identity for entry NULL

Could not execute task Change Identity for entry XXXXX

etc.,.

All my settings are the same as yours except for the Database which on MS SQL Server.

Let me know if you have resolved the issue.

Thanks

KV

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kautilya,

No, we are still struck on this issue. We have raised with SAP and yet to get response. I will share if I get it resolved. Hope you can advice the same if you resolve 1st. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jai

0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

As Steffi mentioned, EntryId=0 is normal for create tasks.

Your error seems strange. Can you check the NW logs before/after you execute the task?

Kristiyan

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristiyan,

Thanks for looking into this.

I logged into NWA and check there was no logs recently. Then I logged into IDM user UI. I saw below two info logs

After I executed the "Create Identity" I get second log repeated.

Kind regards,

Jai

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I realized that I couldn't execute any UI task for identity, role or priv.

Below is the UI config,

IDM JDBC in above screenshot is as below,

Kind regards,

Jai

0 Kudos

Maybe you have an erroneous filter set for the task's access control? The errors in the log seem unrelated and the message says that you are not allowed to execute the task.

Kristiyan

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristiyan,

There was no filter set on the task or attribute. The message says "could not execute the task" and not that I'm not allowed.

I figured that during installation, Basis team answered 'N' for the question "Do you use Oracle 11g and want to create an ACL to allow the prov_role access to UTL_INADDR (Y/N)"

May be that is causing the issue?

I have asked the basis team to apply the patch as per OSS note 1610907 but they are getting error as below;

ERROR at line 7:

ORA-06550: line 7, column 3:

PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.DROP_ACL' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 7, column 3:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

ORA-06550: line 14, column 2:

PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.CREATE_ACL' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 14, column 2:

ORA-06550: line 31, column 2:

PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.ASSIGN_ACL' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 31, column 2:

Can you please advice how to get rid of above SQL error and run "IDMCreateACL.sql" successfully?

Kind regards,

Jai

0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The answer "N" to that question is okay - that is not the issue. I'm still thinking about something in the filter - you *should* always have a filter but it should allow you to execute the task.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristiyan,

I mean I haven't added any 'custom' filter. I did not even check out the package yet.

Kind regards,

Jai

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

"EntryId=0" is standard, that's the normal value in the URL if you create a new object (because it will get the mskey after you saved it). At least it was in 7.2 and I doubt they changed that in 8.0, too.

In the referred thread it worked, when no privileges were assigned during the creation of the identity. Is that your case, too? Forgot the part with the custom mask with only 4 attributes, so that is answered.

Regards,

Steffi.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thanks, I never noticed the entryid=0 until I faced this issue. Yes, I have tried with and without assignments using standard form.

Kind regards,

Jai