Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EAM DisMantling during Preventive Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have two questions

1.In case of preventive Maintnenace and as per Plan Cycle Equipment come under repair/Maintenance, My question is

1 Step -Do we need to dismantle equipment (IE4N) first from Functional location and  then bring it into stock repairable stock.?

2nd step -Issue Equipment against maintenance order.

3rd Step - Perform Maintenance job and bring it  equipment  to repaired stock (GR)  with correct valuation Type C2.

4 step  Install the equipment to the concerned FL.

My question is do we really need step 1st and 4th.

Maintenance order is already generated from Preventive Maintenance Plan cycle.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

• It all depends upon what you want at the end. What sort of reports you need.
  • In your proposal of skipping the steps 1 and 4, indirectly you want to sacrifice the Serialization
  • In other words you want to get rid of the botheration that is cuased by the serialization.
  • What you would lose is the Tracking of a particular Equipment (Usage list).
  • If you are going for this you will fill only the Material number. Not Equipment number. Make sure that the Equipment number field is not mandatory.
  • If you still want to keep Refurbishment history of a particular Equipment, then put this Equipment number in some idel field such as Sort field in the Location tab.

This is just my visualization. In my view only effective method to receive a proper answer to your query is TO TEST YOURSELF YOUR PROPOSED MODEL IN THE DEVELOPMENT SERVERS. I feel answers received from SCN can only give part symptoms (Quite likely few might prove incorrect). You need to put these pieces together and understand while your testing is going on in Dev server.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rao Sir,

Sir only one confusion Now shall we always need to do this Dis-mantling of equipment

from Functional Location  and bring it in under repair storage loc before we do maintenance activity.

In My View whatever the equipment need Maintenace as per Preventive maintenance cycle  first dis-Mantle from FL and brig it in storage location or we just check equipment on its location and confirm Maintenance activity

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

Everytime you need to do this cyclic activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

My Confusion is Does  DisMantling and Installation process is reuired during preventive Maintenance like we are doing Refurbishment process.Or Preventive maintenace can be performed without DisMantling of equipment from FL.

Thanks

Vikas

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

• On ground we call a process Refurbishment only when the Equipment is dismantled from the working area and sent to Repair area.
  • So in system also it is like that, but the question is whether you will adopt the path of IE4N or the path discussed earlier.
  • It is upto you to categorize that whether you are preventively Refurbishing it OR Refurbishing it due to malfunction.
  • On the other side, if it is the case of in-situ repairs (repaired without removing from its place), we do not call it as Refurbishment both on the ground and in the system.
  • Such Orders are addressed through PM02 or PM03 Order types as per the user's judgement.
  • In few situations what can happen is for minor preventive maintenance also the Equipment is removed and a spare equipment has been installed. Such acts should not be categorized as Refurbishment.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao Sir,

Thanks a Lot !!! It resolve my confusion.

But One more small Thing,

Preventive Maintenance In which i am not removing equipment from its FL and do Maintenance then in that case there would be no Goods Movement of equipment if in case we need some kind of consumable like oil/coolant etc that we need to Goods Issue referring to Preventive maintenance Order.

Since Equipment is not moving so there would be no GR also.So we do just do the activity confirmation and do cost setlement. Right Sir?

or if in case if we have not consumed any OIL/COOLANT etc there there would be no Gods movement against the Order at all. Right Sir?

Thanks in Advance

Vikas

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor

Hello Vikas,

The discussions so far talked about Refurbishment and the related Goods movement i.e., GI (MB11) and GR(IW8W) of the Material (Equipment in your case)) to be refurbished. ( For this the dismantling and installing back are relevant ). Also go through the links provided here:

Now coming to your present query:

For in_situ repairs (repaired at site without dismantling), we will not create Refurbishment Order. IT is either PM01, PM02 or PM03. Here you can do Goods Movement (GI : Material consumed through the Order) for all the spares used for the repairs, let them be Consumables or Spare parts. The difference here is, we will not be doing GI for the Material (Equipment in your case) being repaired. And GR(IW8W) is not relevant here, because after repairs nothing will come out from the Order, as this is not Refurbishment Order.

Now how you will Consume these spare parts in such Orders.

Specify the materials being consumed in the Components tab of the Order. This creates a Reservation number (in the components General tab). You will post this material through MIGO, with this Reservation number and Mvttyp 261.See this link have some idea :

Even Refurbishment Orders will consume such materials used in their repairs through this way except for the main material (Equipment). The main material is done GR through IW8W which goes to the Quality stock and then finally storage location after Usage Decision.

The other way of consuming these consumables or spare parts into Orders (any Order type) is through tcode MB1A by specifying the Order number and mvtty 261. This is recorded as unplanned way of consuming materials. (Obviously the Reservation route is called Planned costs).

Hope thing will get clear to you. You should try all these things in Dev serves and see the reports to understand what is happening in different cases. That will be the best way of being taught.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_28603
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas Kumar,

guess you are speaking about the process refurbishment of serialized equipments, right?

Regards,

P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right Mr. Patrick, Yes Equipments are serialized,

But one more question here if the equipment is not serialized then Installation and Dis mantling is not required in Preventive Maintance Cycle.

I want to know, Is First Dis-Mantling and later Installation of Equipment required on FL in Preventive maintenance Cycle process required or not.?

Refurbishment I Mean maintenance and  Repair Both.

Thanks

Vikas