cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom value list populating wrong text, Also search functionality is not working

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I referred the following document created by Carsten for Custom value list creation using Application exit GET_ELEMENT_VALUES method.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d031905b-fb12-3110-0490-90a9a453d...

Refer to the code snippet attached for the code I added in the GET_ELEMENT_VALUES method.

I am able to see the list when I click on F4 in the BRF+.

Issues:

1. Show search criteria is not working for Custom value list.

When I search for region code "AK", no action is done in BRF+. It is difficult to select one record among 4423 records by scrolling. Please refer to the screen shot attached.

2. There are three records in the list with code "AK"

1. AK  ATAKORA

2. AK  ALASKA

3. AK  AKWA IBOM

When clicked on second record and click on OK button, the value populated in the Decision table cell is "AK(ATAKOARA)". The expected result is "AK(ALASKA). Please refer to the screen shot attached.

Can anyone suggest any solution for any of these issues or please correct me if I went wrong anywhere.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The value help gets different parameters from the UI which are not used in your code snippet.

Please debug the implementation and look into following fields:

• ITR_VALUE: Optional ABAP range table with selection conditions for the values
  • ITR_TEXT: Optional ABAP range table with selection conditions for the value texts

I think you have to use these parameters in your search code.

Best Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for replying.

I have tried debugging and I can see the value as "AK" in ITR_VALUE internal table but in ITR_TEXT the text is blank. It is not fetched from the value list.

I had a call with a developer in SAP labs who was addressing the OSS raised for this and he confirmed that the text will be fetched from the standard value table T005U which has two key fields viz., LAND1(Country) and BLAND(Region).

As the value list that I have generated is independent of Country, BRF+ fetches the text from the first match in standard value table.

The solution given by SAP was to make two columns in to one concatenated column as shown in the below link.

Will try this solution and will close if it works.

However this solution is just a work-around, SAP has to provide a fix in its coming versions of BRF+.

Regards,

Sowjanya Mupparaju

dattatreya_ay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sowjanya,

The text table T005U for BLAND(REGIO) has more than one key. So the text for given value of BLAND(REGIO) wont be unique in this table. To get a unique text we need to have LAND1 value too. The solution proposed in the above document, does take the values from both LAND1 and BLAND column to obtain a unique Value-Text pair. Thus it would work as required.This functionality needs to be used and has been used thus far as depicted in the document by most BRF+ customers, thereby no further support is planned to be provided from SAP to change this in any way.

Regards,

Dattatreya A Y.