cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italian requirement for asset migration from company A to company B -high difficulty-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

we're facing a really complicated issue regarding migration of assets from company A to company B. Take over will be in 31.10.

The crucial requirements are the follow:

IN COMPANY A:

- calculus of depreciation in company A for asset migrating to company B, must be 01.01 to 31.10.

SOLUTION:

running tcode ABAO for all the assets to migrate till 31.12. Then at 31.12 running AFAB.

IN COMPANY B

- asset capitalization date must be the one reported in the company A for every asset.

Exemple: If an asset in company A had capitalization date 31.11.2011 i must report this date in company B.

- the net book area (01 leading one) will contain just a value determined by a third party expert, NO accumulated depreciation must be upload. After uploading this value as "Acq.Value"  there will be the need just to calculate the depreciation from 31.10 to 31.12 (NO ordinary depreciation posted in the current year indication) in the new company B.

- the fiscal area (02) must have all the values contained in the area 01 of the old company A: "Acq.Value" , "ord acc. dep." and "revaluation".

If an asset has been capitalized before 01.01.2015:

SOLUTION:

through AS91 I can upload for area 01 just the "Acq.Value", while in area 02 i can upload "Acq.Value" and "ord acc. dep." and "revaluat".

i set a 0% dep  key for this year and through tcode ABAA i calculate manually the 2 month depreciation as unplanned depreciation then from 01.01.2016 i change dep key in order to let system calculate it automatically.

If an asset has been capitalized after 01.01.2015:

PROBLEM:

i must enter through "transaction" tab the value of the asset with movement type 100 and upload the "Acq.Value" for dep. area 01 and 02 but i can't upload the "ord acc. dep." of the depreciation from 01.01 to 31.10 accumulated in the old company!

As you can see in the following pic the field is greyed out because of the capitalization in this current year.

Following the requirements  i must just upload in the field "ord. dep" (ACTUALLY I CAN'T) for area 02 the accumulated depreciation 01.01 - 31.10 so that aT the end of the take over at 01.11 in the new company B i'll have assets with :

AREA 01 (book value): JUST "Acq.Value", the value that third party experts will communicate.

AREA 02 (fiscal area): old values of net book area of company A with the "Acq.Value" and "ord acc. dep." and "revaluat".

what do you think about? what would you suggest?

Thanks

Gianni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why Sap should not allow me to post an accumulated depreciation for an asset capitalied this year for AREA 02 (the fiscal area).

I've this requirement...

Anyone faced this issue?

Thanks

gianni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me if you have kept in OABC T-Code the Identical box as unticked for depreciation area 02 then you would be allowed to enter the values for depreciation area 02.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Malhar,

Thanks for your answer.

Dep area are unticked for identical value.

Regards

Gianni