Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Afaria 7 SP5 upgrade lots of XRS6004 and 6008 errors

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After SP5 upgrade , My afaria server not work functionally.

Lots of error such as:

##########################################################################################################################

• XRS6004: Error Getting A_DEV_SUBSTVAR_VALUE Recordset EXPLANATION: The database recordset could not be populated. The NT/ADO error code in the Server Log may contain additional information about the failure. Logging may be disabled. [DBAccess]

ACTIONS: Depending on the error code, you may need to shut down and restart your server.  If the message recurs, you should contact your support representative for assistance.

AND

• XRS6008: ADO Data Access Error Occurred.  CXSDBCommandUserPromptsInfo::SetUserPromptsInfo

ADO Error:

Code = 0x80040e14

(Not a native OS error)

ADO Code meaning = IDispatch error #3092

Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description = Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function.

ADO Error 1 of 1

Number      = 0x80040e14

Source      = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description = Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function.

SQLState    = 42000

NativeError = 537

EXPLANATION: An error occurred while attempting to access the logging database connection. The NT/ADO error code in the Server Log or the Operating System Event Log may contain additional information about why the table could not be accessed. [DBAccess]

ACTIONS: Depending on the error information, you may need to take one of the following actions: 1) shut down and restart your server, or the database server; 2) reconfigure the database settings by re-run

##########################################################################################################################

Have you any idea why this happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tevfik,

Is this issue resolved?

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik,

I quickly ran a search on the given errors codes XRS6004 and XRS6008 in xsearch which returned quite a few articles like 194489 or  2124502 and more.

You may want to check if any of those articles can help to resolve your issues.

Best regards,

Bernd

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Honestly, before wrote down here I check lots of notes. Bot no one fits my problem or solve it

And, about your offer, first one looks not released, and second, the log folders are empty.

Altoug I am appreciated for  your assistance, problem still continues.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

For the second one, which is probably related to the first, whatever is being passed to the DB is causing the error.   I would suspect either a value too long for a field or some invalid character.  Do the languages match on the server and the db?   Did you do a SQL trace?  If so you can search for the error, and then look for the command directly before the error and see what that tells you. 

If these errors are being logged into the server message log then your connection to the dB is solid.   I suspect strongly it has to do with the data being passed.

Tracy

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Regional settings of Afaria server are :

Format: English

Location United States

Keyboard:Turkish

DB server settings are:

Format: Turkey

Keyboard: Turkey

And Afaria DB clooation is: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

Those error occurs when I want to push a policy. Error drops almost for every one client.

I have SQL trace and something seems weird such as:

"exec SP_A_POP_USER_PROMPTS '{D90D42E3-A494-3276-BD28-F1B16A042D07}  ',' ???%rtO<?$ ?qx_?>jc1??S?V_d????)V    "                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              '

dont know what it is.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

I suspect that is your culprit right there.  That is the stored procedure for populating the user prompts.  It frankly looks like some garbage characters there.

Tracy

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik,

you didn't mention in your post you already searched the knowledgebase so this was a logic first response.

Just for completeness, here are the corrected KBs.

Regards,

Bernd

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Yes you are right. I didn't.

Again I noticed that I didn't tell that I use MS SQl.

Sorry for that

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

What should I do ?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That's a good question.  I haven't actually seen anything like this before.  Was SP5 applied to all components?  It almost looks like something was skipped some place.

Check the a_dev_substar_value and see if there is any data in there at all.  Also in the a_client table might have some of these values as well, like username if you are prompting for it.  If those look like proper values, I would probably attempt to reapply SP5 to all components, and make sure that you right click the install and execute it as an administrator.  This one just looks mismatched some where.  Oh and make sure the time and date on the sql server and the Afaria server match.  This particular stored procedure does use a time date for the opportunistic lock time.  I haven't ever seen this caused by a mismatch but it is better to rule it out.

Tracy

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

a_dev_substar_value  has 821 rows

And A_CLIENT has 410 rows

only 5 of them has username

And,

Both server have same time value

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

Then I do suspect mixed code.  I would reapply all components of the last hotfix.

Tracy