cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPC content: Merge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two portal roles A and B. Both contain a common WPC content.

When a user is assigned both roles A and B, the link for WPC content is shown twice in the top level navigation.

How do I merge them, so that even if both roles are assigned, the WPC page is shown only once?

I am using portal 7.3.

Regards,

Aparna B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was after the upgrade the WPC content was no longer compatible.

Hence the Merge ID property itself had vanished.

After having made it compatible as suggested by portal, we added a new merge ID and that worked!

Regards,

Aparna Bahuleyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I tried to locate the Merge ID property in the PCD inspector for the workset which represents the WPC content. There is no such property. Below is all I can find.

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna,

From the SP you are at, you can do that by using the Role editor.

In any case,regarding the property you don't see, First of all, pelase make sure you open the correct object (HrForManagers).

Click the "Switch to PCM", then you have to check that 2 properties are configured correctly:

"com.sap.portal.navigation.Mergible" with "value true"

and

"com.sap.portal.navigation.MergeId" with the ID you choose.

BR,

Nadav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadav,

I had seen that note, but we are already at a higher level.

And about the merging: The worksets, under which the WPC content is present in the hierarchy, is already merged with a merge ID. Since the worksets are the entry points, the roles are not merged using a separate merge ID.

Below is how both the roles look:

Regards,

Aparna B

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna,

From the attached screenshots I understnad that the WPC page is HrForManagers, from the table it looks like it's merge property is not checkd, since you are in a version that already enables editing properties on the page level, open the page in both roles, check the "merge" option and provide the same merge ID. After doing so, the table should display "yes" under "Merge".

BR,

Nadav.

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna B,

First of all, I would like to explain that WPC pages at runtime are represented as worksets.

According to your question I assume Role A and Role B are merged, if not you have to merge them.

The following link could be usefull:

Merging Navigation Nodes and Defining the Sequence - Portal - SAP Library

Now you have to merge the worksets that represent the WPC pages, the problem is that you have no access to it in the editors, the only way to do it is use PCD inspector, locate the worksets that repersents the pages and set the same merge ID on both worksets.

BR,

Nadav.

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna,

Please also check SAP note 1848623.

BR,

Nadav.