cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager for Android App crashes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts;

When we download the Work Manager app from Google Play Store in Turkey. The app crashes immediately. Actually this is the same for all Agentry apps for a while.

Version : 6.2.1.0.8-862f578 . Last Update : 28.05.15

So is there any work around that we can do to use the app in demo version on android devices ?

Also anyone else facing the same problem ?

Best Regards,

Gokhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP released a fix for Turkish localization Note: 2145253

-Tahir

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

While the latest release (SDK SP10) should fix the error it won't fix the version on the Play store and you will need to continue to use in English if trying to use the play store demo.  I believe the next planned update to Work Manager on the play store will be when Work Manager 6.3 is released.

--Bill

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gökhan,

We did installed the app and run successfully with English implementation both SMP server and device-language.

But, yes, there is a problem with turkish localization only in android app. We got same problem and raised a ticket to SAP. SAP says that we need to upgrade our current SMP server patch level from SP3 to SP9 will work fine. We haven't do this yet. If i get success i will inform you back.

PS : Both english and turkish localization work fine in IOS platform.

Regards,

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

So here is what happens;

When I look for the crash logs, it seems like a language specific issue. And also I have realized that when we are using the iOS app for Work Manager, I have noticed that eventhough we download it from the appstore in Turkey and the client devices are in turkish language, the app still works in English.

So I think I have found a temporary solution; I have changed the language of my phone (Galaxy Note Edge, Android 5.0.1 ) to English. Now I am able to run the app perfectly.

I am also attached the crash reports here. (Sorry its in Turkish since the app works in English So I have translated it.)

By the way,everytime I try to run the app and see if there is any changes, I am sending the crash report, too. But I t seems like going to far away galaxies..

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gokhan,

The apps on the Google Play store and Apple App Store are only in English.  When the application communicates with the SMP server it normally tells the server what language the device is set to and the server will then look for localizations (if configured) for that language and eventually fall back to English.  The client will not have all languages installed on it only the one downloaded from the server.

When you do your real implementation you would include appropriate language files so the screens would show correctly.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gokhan,

By immediately do you mean your are not able to install it at all or that it installs but then fails to run?   What device / Android OS version are you running?

If you cannot get it to install, there is a known issue with running the Generic Agentry client and the Play store demos on the same device under Android 5.x due to security changes in that OS version.  If you have the generic client installed, try uninstalling that and then try to install the play store Work Manager version.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with android 4.4.2 does it mean that i cannot use client that installed from store.  .

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Adem,

At this point we can't say yet what might be the issue.  Since you are also having a similar problem, I would suggest that you create a Discussion marked as a Question this way you can mark it correct when answered.  Not only will others benefit from your solution once it is found, but you will have more folks looking to provide a solution when your issue has the greater visibility of a Discussion.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

I have installed all the agentry apps in these two android devices I mentioned to Stephen above. But all the agentry apps failed to run. I have uninstall and reinstall the app many times. Even formatted Huawei, but it didn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be tempted to suggest that this may be language-specific. Can you elaborate on what "crash" or "fails to run" mean? Does it show any sort of error messages and are you able to collect crash logs? Any screenshots observed? Can you post them, if available? This may warrant a support incident.  I am not aware of any current issues specific to the Turkish language being reported at the moment

Regards,

Raymond Kwong

SAP North America

Former Member
0 Kudos

What device are you uisng?
Have you tried with a different device?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Galaxy Note Edge, Android 5.0.1

I have also tried it in Huawei G610, Android 4.2.1