cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculation of net price when UoM has a conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

a few days ago I had an issue which was successfully understood thanks to suggestions in this forum.

But now we understand that there is an issue regarding output of PO which have alternate UoM.

In our PO we have a unit price but the output message calculates the price by using the alternate UoM.

Example:

we purchased 582,600 KG of material which is converted to 200 PC

2,913 KG = 1PC

1PC costs 2,26 Euro but the system is calculating the price using the KG unit, hence multiplying by 2,913.

in the form, the calculation is as follows:

<item>-netpr(6.58) = <item>-brtwr(452.00) * <item>-peinh(1) / <item>-menge(582.600) * <item>-bpumn(2913) / <item>-bpumz(1000) * <item>-umren(2913) / <item>-umrez(1000).

if I understand correctly, what makes the difference, is the field EKPO-UMREN which is the denominator but I don't seem to manage to change that in the PO which at this moment should be 1 and is 2,913 instead.

also, if I try to create the PO with the material by using 200 PC instead of the KG quantity, the number automatically switches to the KG quantity.

how can I change this so that the calculation is correct?

the form works correctly for other PO/materials; the problem occurs with this material which makes me think the issue it is in the material master but also there I don't seem to manage to be able to change the UoM.

can someone help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check the below options:

Option 1: In PO, you can maintain the order unit and order price unit as the same and maintain the corresponding price. This will avoid the calculation error.

Option 2: The reason why the system is not allowing the order unit as PC - It could be due to the order unit maintained as KG in the material master - purchasing view or in the info record. In this case, you can maintain the variable order unit as 1 (active) or 2 (Active with its own price) in material master - purchasing view or info record. Now, system will allow to change the order unit in PO.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

cannot use option 1 as the UoM KG can be used only with whole numbers and not decimals.

I tried option 2 but nothing changed in the PO: I still cannot change

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think info-record is in place. If so, maintain the variable order unit as active ( 1 ) in the info record general data as well and change the order unit in PO - now, system will allow to change.

Else, remove the info-record from the PO line item and check.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks it helped: price is correct now in output message but I must use the PC UoM. if the user uses the KG UoM the result is incorrect

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For correcting the print output, you need to correct the print program. If the order unit and order price unit are different, use the FM: MD_CONVERT_MATERIAL_UNIT to convert the order quantity to price unit and then do the calculation.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

the fact is that in most PO, also with alternate UoM, the calculation comes out correct: it is in only some of the PO that it is not correct: the problem apparently is on the level of the PO/material/Pinforec, not of the coding of the form

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you need to debug the print program and find out the exact reason for the error.

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you clarify what your base unit and what the order unit is.

Also it would be good to know if you maintain the price directly in the PO or if you make use of info record and conditions.

also tell what the quantity conversion from the info record is and what the "per unit"  is in the in the conditions is.

Best you use screenshots and hide material and vendor names but keep the numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

forgot this one in material master additional data

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your wrote: 1PC costs 2,26 Euro but the system is calculating the price using the KG unit, hence multiplying by 2,913."

Where exactly is your system calculating wrong?

If I look at your picture, then I see that SAP calculates accurate in the condition tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes sorry I forgot to mention that the wrong calculation appears in the output message: the coding in the original post comes from the form used by the output message. In there the result is 6,58 (netpr)