cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOLLOWUP MATERIAL AND REQUIREMNET

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

HOW TO RAISE THE REQUIREMENT OF BOM- CHILD MATERIAL WHILE USING FOLLOWUP MATERIAL IN MATERIAL MASTER AUTOMATICALLY?

B IS THE CHILD PART OF A

C IS FOR FOLLOWUP MATERIAL OF B WHICH IS DONE IN MM02

WHEN RAISING THE REQUIREMENT, THE REQUIREMENT IS RAISED FOR C. BUT WE WANT B TO BE RAISED THROUGH MRP RUNNING

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Please refer to below link with details and demo on follow up material.

This may help.

Regards,

Rohit

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

BELOW IS NOT MET BY YOUR CONTENT.

""  WHEN RAISING THE REQUIREMENT, THE REQUIREMENT IS RAISED FOR "C"(FOLLOW UP MATERIAL). BUT WE WANT "B" TO BE RAISED THROUGH MRP RUNNING  ""

B IS THE CHILD PART OF A

C IS FOR FOLLOWUP MATERIAL OF B

WHEN WE RECEIVE THE MATERIAL "B"  WE WILL USE MATERIAL "B"

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

REQUIREMENT ALSO RAISED FOR THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL AND UNTIL THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL RECEIVING THE FOLLOW UP MATERIAL WILL BE USED.

THE FOLLOWUP MATERIAL REQUIREMENT SHOULD NOT BE RAISED.

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mahendran,

your requirement is not clear to me, please go the document which Rohit suggested.

if the stock it available for material then it will first consume it then it generates requirement for replaced material.

regards,

Solomon

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

B IS THE CHILD PART OF A

C IS FOR FOLLOWUP MATERIAL OF B WHICH IS DONE IN MM02

WHEN RAISING THE REQUIREMENT, THE REQUIREMENT IS RAISED FOR C. BUT WE WANT B TO BE RAISED THROUGH MRP RUNNING.

I already done what Mr.Rohit says.

As Mr.Rohit says, why do i need to set this dicontinue indicator if i dont need the existing material. if it is required i will delete from the BOM itslef. why i have to make it complicated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendran,

As per my understanding C is the follow up material for B.

For this you have to make setting material master of material B with date and follow up material.

Then after MRP run the requirement after discontinue date fulfill bye follow up material C.

System check only date not stock.

Thanks and regards,

Pravin

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank u all

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mahebdran

I would like you to avoid writing in capital letters on SCN, as it looks like you are shouting and it's not good to read. Take a look on the blog for more details.

In addition, if the issue is solved, please close the thread selecting the correct answer, as explained on

BR
Caetano