cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to release PS Project - error for Availability rule check

ashwinipingle
Participant

Hi All,

I am unable to release project. I get an error. I have attached screen shots.

Order type PS02 plant 2001: No checking rule maintained for operation

I created a checking rule and set Material, PRT and Capacity checks to "No check". However I still get the error on Release of Project.

How can I resolve this? I want to bypass the material availability check.

Thanks,

Ashwini Pingle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

This is not about log-off/logon, but sometime new settings in orders are being picked up only for newly created orders.  It will not work for existing orders created with old settings.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paulo,

You mean to say that new settings , will not be applicable to already created Network. Then we cannot release the existing order any way.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, networks are a special kind or orders, sharing same master data table, but you are right for correcting me.  In that case those flags should also reflect somewhere in the master data table.

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Paulo, Should I create a new network and delete the existing one?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

I dont think you need to re-create the network.

After the config, when you open Network, this error should not come, in case if it is coming, remove the material, save the network and again assign the material. This should be able to activate the check.

It should work as per Vengaiah suggestion

Regards

Terence

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah, I am finding that I need to recreate the whole project structure since I cannot assign activities to new network header. Is there any way to correct the existing network?

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Please share us a screen shot of the error.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah, Pls. see the below screenshot. When I try to "release" project, I get the below error message.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Thanks for the screen shot. Now in click on the status information button. Please send me that screen shot.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah, Pls. see screenshot below. Status Information button give the Error Log window and on clicking the questionmark icon in LTxt of that error message gives me details in Performance Assistance window.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

When you maintain the check rule combination for plant and order type , there are two business transactions ,  1 Check availability during order creation,    2 Check availability during order release.

Please see that you have both transactions in the config as shown in the below screen shot.

If you see the below screen shot, same combination of plant and order type maintained for both transactions. See that you also maintain both transactions for your order type and plant combination.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

ashwinipingle
Participant

Great !! This solved it !!

So we need to specify availability check parameters for both - creation and release of order. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. The project can be released now.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

by screenshot seems no checking rule assigned to order type with plant combination so assign that and try to release again your project.

Regards,

Sanjeev

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Unable to release the project- getting same error message.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Are you getting same error. What system is this, it is client's or a ides system ?

Thanking you,

Vengaiah

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

This is demo server with HANA database

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Can you please share us the error message or error screen shot.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aswini,

Sorry, I did not see your screen shot. You need completely log off and log in to get the changes affected.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Goto SPRO - Project Systems -- Material -- Define Checking control.

And Maintain combination of Order type and plant .

If you don't want Availability then check the indicator No check as shown in the screen shot.

Thanking you

Vengaiah