cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is showing both records in the page header possible?

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a report that is used to return multiple variations of a combination of records. I could use the report to find the total for both product A and product B or both product C and product D and so on. The problem I'm having is that I want the page header to reflect both groups that are being displayed. I tried putting that parameter in the page header but it only shows one record or the other even if it's a page showing the totals of both records.

So what I'm getting is:

Page 1 Header: Product A

Page 1: Product A

Page 2 Header: Product B

Page 2: Product B

Page 3 Header: Product B

Page 3: Product A and B totals

What I want is the page header to be:

Page 1 Header: Product A + Product B

Page 1: Product A

Page 2 Header: Product A + Product B

Page 2: Product B

Page 3 Header: Product A + Product B

Page 3: Product A and B totals

Is there a way to do this or do I need to create and individual report for each possible combination of products?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

If it's just two products you could use:

Minimum({Product}) & ' + ' & Maximum({Product})

-Abhilash

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. That works perfectly. However, I'm still having one small problem. If I run a report for a month and there were no sales I get a blank report with the month of september listed but not the product lines listed. (I've had this problem with other reports as well) How do I get this information to show in a blank report? Even if there were no sales, I need to print and file the report and it would be a lot easier if that report showed the dates and the product lines.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR cannot display what's not there, unfortunately.

-Abhilash

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

Why does it show the dates?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you display dates from a database field?

I'm guessing that's being displayed from a date prompt which is why they show up just fine.

-Abhilash

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm also prompting it to search based on certain product lines in addition to the dates, but only the dates show up.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a prompt for Product Lines and want to display the selected lines as a comma separated string, you can create a formula with this code and drop it on the header:

Join({?Product_Lines_Prompt}, ', ')

-Abhilash

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried that with Join({?Product_line}, ', ')  but it told me ?Product_line is not a field even though that is the name of the prompt

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

on a hunch I changed the name of Product_line and that fixed it

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

I have one follow up question related to this one. Let's say I want to do the say thing with another report. Show the parameter even when no information is return, mercifully I'm reporting on just one field this time (salesperson.) The problem I'm having is our software is designed to input the salesperson's id number, this I cannot change. However, I again want my header to show the person's name even if there is no information to report. Is there a way to use the parameter to the return the person's name instead of their idea number?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, using a subreport!

You'd insert a subreport pointing to the table that has the salesperson's name and ID.

You'd then link the prompt from the Main report to the Subreport's ID field. Inside the Subreport, drag and drop the Salesperson name field on the Report header and suppress all other sections.

-Abhilash

Answers (0)